ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Silicone coolant hose kits

RB 182
Following on from my alloy rad thread. Does there seem to be a variation in quality from different manufacturers? Are these things just re-branded from the same place? Venair/Samco seem to have a huge price difference.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I went with the Forge ones as for some reason they are a lot cheaper than the Samco's

I would how ever advise that you don't use jubilee clips and use the correct hose claps that come off the old hoses.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I know its K-Tax but the forge ones come in 3 colours and are only £162.00 Inc VAT

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
I went with the Forge ones as for some reason they are a lot cheaper than the Samco's

I would how ever advise that you don't use jubilee clips and use the correct hose claps that come off the old hoses.

Why the old clips Mark? I'd of thought the jubilee would of been easier?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I have had my car back to the garage once because of a drop in coolant, They advised it was the clips.
The tightened it up and refilled the the coolant.

Next i went back coolant was down, they done a pressure test and it was leaking from another joint where the jubilee clip was.

Changed back to the OE spring type and never had a problem in 2/3 months.

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
I have had my car back to the garage once because of a drop in coolant, They advised it was the clips.
The tightened it up and refilled the the coolant.

Next i went back coolant was down, they done a pressure test and it was leaking from another joint where the jubilee clip was.

Changed back to the OE spring type and never had a problem in 2/3 months.

Ah right, thanks for the info will need to remember if i change!

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Maybe its the fact i used cheap rubbish ones, All be it they where spanking new but sell rubbish.

Inferno 225 cup
Sorry guys my bad.

I missed it so someone else bought it :(
y3ype8ap.jpg

Cup In bits
That venair stuff looks like cheap tat, you can see all the wraps of silicone. Looks like a ribbed dildo.

I would think or I would hope that's their price for out of stock to chase you off until there is more stock.

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
how hard are they to fit?

how do the coolant pipes come off the heater matrix pipes, as there different clips/clamps to the rest. do they just pull off?

also when bleeding do you have to take the bleed screw from the thermostat housing all the way out till it starts coming out?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Squeeze the top and bottom of the hoes and pull.

Yes I took mine all the way out.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
That venair stuff looks like cheap tat, you can see all the wraps of silicone. Looks like a ribbed dildo.

I would think or I would hope that's their price for out of stock to chase you off until there is more stock.

they're better than Forge which are crap, and leak all over the shop. I'd happily supply Venair, but i'll never sell forge hoses again. SFS are good, samco are ok, but you're paying for a name to a big degree