ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sigma alarms

right when i bought my car it had a sigma alarm fitted to it. m seris one i think. never used to have any problems with it. then for no apparent reason i now cant disconnect my battery withough the alarm goign off, apparently i have to stick a key in the back of the siren and that will sort t out. this was told to me by the place that fitted it who where so helpful and polite (not). im not sure if i have these keys i found some the other day but dunno if there right as i have no idea where i need to stick them. i had a look aroufd the siren but doesnt seem to be anywhere for them, anyone no. the other thing is my standard renault alarm and immobiliser are still fitted i asked about having it removed cos its a bit of a pain and was told it cant as i effects all the ecu and stuff is this true.

I was told when I had my Clifford fitted, that the original couldnt be removed.

Someone on here reckons the standard immobiser on late Mk1s.. is infact controlled by the ECU..

Daz.

thats what they said to me bit of a pain cos it takes me ages to get my car going, sit there pressign all these buttons.

cheers mate

Yea, but at least you have the buttons to press! If you didnt have the immobilsers, you might not have the car!