ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sideways' 182's BG (Photo heavy)

BG Clio 182 FF
I've been lurking on here for a while so it's about time I started a project thread. Apologies in advance as most of the photo's were taken on a crappy camera phone.

This is my Clio 182 on the day I bought it from a lad in Chirk:

DSC00119_zps1f3f8513.jpg

Car was in good condition and had a massive folder full of bills and receipts including a fairly recent belt service at a Renault main dealer. Always a good thing to see. Even came with the original manuals, toolkit, tyre foam and CD changer.
I did go and look at a racing blue 182 that was local to me but it was an absolute dog. Cheap chinese tires, local garage cambelt and a bolshy owner put me off.
So instead, I chose the black gold. Made sense, even if it was three hours drive away. Paid my money and bought it. 3 hour drive on the way back down the middle of Wales was fun at 1am ;)

One of the first jobs was a KTR-type induction kit (helped by a guide on here)

SDC15182.jpg

Completely changed the noise of the car. Good value for money mod.

Pic of the car out-and-about:

DSC00206_zpsb9a4aa62.jpg

I've had the car serviced by Dan@SJM recently. Both belts and a set of 197 cams put in. Still running a base map at the minute as there are quite a few bits that I need to do first before the car gets mapped properly.

Scorpion SRN019 exhaust to go on:

DSC00284_zpsf8e6f4c4.jpg

Cooksports to go on:

DSC00273_zpscc72edb7.jpg

Hopefully cooksports will go on next week.

Just need to get my upper inlet manifold matched and need to order a decat for the exhaust so I can get that fitted. Then it'll be back at SJM for the final touches to the map.

I'll keep this updated as I go along.

BG Clio 182 FF
Also i've got a trackday booked at Pembrey on the 27th of September. Mr black gold might have to go on a diet first :)

BG Clio 182 FF
O.k, just a quick update. Took a trip down to south Wales yesterday to pick up a set of OZ F1's:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?756543-15-quot-OZ-F1s-X-4

I was planning to do them myself, but maybe City Powder Coaters in Brum might be a better option at £20 a wheel? Dunno. Have heard they are hit and miss and not sure about posting the wheels up.

Drive down over the Brecon beacons was lovely. Car also handled pretty well with 4 wheels in the boot.

Some lovely scenery.

DSC00297_zpsc2c90d7e.jpg

DSC00298_zps03bdde66.jpg

Nice and clean. Did you notice much difference in performance with the pipercross compared to the stock? I remembered reading somewhere that the stock was the best option in terms of performance

BG Clio 182 FF
Nice and clean. Did you notice much difference in performance with the pipercross compared to the stock? I remembered reading somewhere that the stock was the best option in terms of performance

To be honest no but I didn't notice a loss either. The sound is something else though. I'd recommend it.

BG Clio 182 FF
Fair enough, stupid question now, what does the 'FF' mean? im newish to this forum have seen people saying about FF and F(something else) :D

No problem bud. FF or Full Fat is with all the mod cons (xenons, cruise, 1/2 leather seats etc) plus both cup packs

The 182 cup is more basic - fabric seats, no xenon's etc.

Cip packs are the spoiler pack (splitter and rear spoiler) and suspension pack (different track and anthractite wheels)

Good guide here:

http://www.cliosport.net/content/guides/Renault Sport Clio Guide.pdf

To be classed as a full fat you'd have both cup packs

Last edited:
  BG Clio 182 FF
Just a quick update. Exhaust is now on. Decat is probably a bit loud but I can live with it. Stripped the rear out so it now got the rear wheel clearance of a tractor. Cooksports to go on this week.

Still figuring out how to put pictures up on the new forum

BG Clio 182 FF
A couple of cheeky pics.
P1000618_zps6ee1692f.jpg

P1000622_zpscdb37c97.jpg

My wreck of an ex-girlfriend also keyed my passenger side on the weekend. Slut. Doesn't look too bad, but it's down to bare metal in places. I can forgive a lot of things, but keying a car is low. And even now she doesn't realise why I finished with her and why I won't go back. Ach......

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Boils my blood when people key cars .Feel for you.... only had the car a couple of months and that happens. Hopefully you will get her to pay to fix.
Car looks really good, interested to see how the OZ wheels turn out.