ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Side mounts question (Sabelt Taurus seat)

Trafic 140dci
Just picked up a Sabelt Taurus seat and don't know what side mounts to get, are they all universal fitting?

Thanks

Lewis

They fit with them all mate as long as the side mount has a straight vertical face. I've used my Sabelt seat with OMP, Sparco and Sabelt side mounts. Mode racewear are the guys you want to speak to if you want to buy the Sabelt ones and they are £70ish for alloy ones. I will reply to your PM when I get a sec!

What have you got in at the moment? As you need to make sure that whatever you get will be long enough to bridge between the two welded in seat rails. Those will work but the issue with them is is that they need to be fitted with the fixings facing outwards from the seat rather than under the seat and I doubt there is enough width in the clio to do that. Just depends which shell size the Taurus is as they do 3 sizes of seat and they vary massively as I have found out when buying my ones (The wider it is the less space you'd have to fit those mounts you linked above) Otherwise though those mounts look ideal

Trafic 140dci
What have you got in at the moment? As you need to make sure that whatever you get will be long enough to bridge between the two welded in seat rails. Those will work but the issue with them is is that they need to be fitted with the fixings facing outwards from the seat rather than under the seat and I doubt there is enough width in the clio to do that. Just depends which shell size the Taurus is as they do 3 sizes of seat and they vary massively as I have found out when buying my ones (The wider it is the less space you'd have to fit those mounts you linked above) Otherwise though those mounts look ideal

I haven't actually got any seat rails in my car yet, my Monaco S seats are bolted directly to the floor, so getting some seat rails from JJC and welding them in to suit, so if the side mounts fit on the seat the seat rails can be welded to suit :)

Ahh okay, Yes they will fit the holes on the seat but that specific type get bolted to the car from the side of the seat rather than under it and I don't think the clio shell is wide enough to allow for it. I have tried to find photos to show what I mean but can't find any :(

Trafic 140dci
Ahh okay, Yes they will fit the holes on the seat but that specific type get bolted to the car from the side of the seat rather than under it and I don't think the clio shell is wide enough to allow for it. I have tried to find photos to show what I mean but can't find any :(

Sorry i don't understand what you mean mate? :S

Can you see the bottom of this picture the mount doesn't go under the seat but comes out to the side? I just am unsure the car shell has enough width to allow for this.
renault-twingo-r-3.jpg

Trafic 140dci
Can you see the bottom of this picture the mount doesn't go under the seat but comes out to the side? I just am unsure the car shell has enough width to allow for this.
Surely it doesn't have to fit that way round? The seat i've got is only a Medium anyway, and i have no seat rails currently so they are going to be welded Bespoke to suit so we can sort something out i'm sure :)

That picture makes me very excited for my new seat, do you find it comfortable?

If you turn the seat mounts the other way round then they will foul the seat. I would just go with a side mount like http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alloy-Sea...arParts_SM&hash=item35b801b23e#ht_2539wt_1304 Can you see how the fold goes the other way so that the mounting is under the seat instead of at the side which is what I am unsure will fit.

Yes mate it's awesome, visability is bloody awful though but it's swings and roundabouts and not the end of the world for a track car like yours :)

Trafic 140dci
Thanks mate, i'll order them :)

Excellent! Visibility doesn't matter as-long as i can see directly in front of me and my mirrors ;) lol.