ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Side lights come on automatically

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
Noticed my side lights/dash/rear lights come on automatically when I turn the key to position 1, first thought was to deactivate auto lights but this doesn't work. Tried it after one beep and two with no luck.

My cars fully stripped and the light/rain sensor as been removed.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Car hasn't been out the garage since trying to deactivate auto lights not sure if it takes a while to register?

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
Good idea but I don't think it will as when I leave the car in the garage I use my cut off switch to isolate the battery so in theory it should be reset. I can't be 100% sure when this fault developed but I've just completed my EPAS setup so thinking it might be a faulty stalk. I don't think it's auto lights as the main headlights don't come on in the dark.

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
Fitted a new stalk today thought since I'm replacing I might as well get a PH1 stalk, but it still hasn't sorted the issue. Could the relay be the problem? When the key isn't in the lights are off and come on when the I turn the stalk so I wouldn't think the relay is the problem.

Hmmm... I'm not sure I can add anything useful... lol

How much are the relays? If they're cheap, get it changed - start cheap, work up to expensive! :smile: