ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

show plates illegal

My plates are from there.

Are they legal?

Well they look legal, only a beady eyed copper with good eysight would have reason to book me for it.

Good point ^^^

Im guessing that more people on this forum have illegal plates than those with legal plates.

Tiny things can make a plate illegal i.e. not having the name of the dealer that the car was registered on the bottom of the plate.

Quote: Originally posted by badinvincible on 14 July 2005

Good point ^^^

Im guessing that more people on this forum have illegal plates than those with legal plates.

Tiny things can make a plate illegal i.e. not having the name of the dealer that the car was registered on the bottom of the plate.
Its the place that made the plate (not the dealership it came from) that is required on the plate by law apparently, but it only applies to new plates.

Should you have plates that were made before the regulation came in ;) then its not required on them. :)

Youd think the DVLA would be more stringant would you not?

When I got my personalised plates the guy behind the counter asked me If I had plates already made up so he could re-issue me a correct tax disk with my new details.

Legally it shouldnt of been possible as the V5 was still incorrect at that point therefore how would I of been able to get them made !

My plates are officially show plates but look normal. Only difference is instead of having the place that made the plates on the bottom, Ive got "Ally M" instead! Plus they dont have the BS mark either. Just look cleaner IMO.

Got mine from http://www.craigsplates.com/Craigs Plates

And 3D-effect text IS legal, if youre thinking about going for that.

Scenic mk1 (F3R)

i had some wacky txt on my plates but my sisters a cop and i asked her and she said as long as the police can read it and it can be made out by speed camera they dont tend to give a sh*t but my plates were well illigal and after putting them on i got pulled 3 times and the plates were never mentioned