ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Show me your tweeters !!

fabia vrs
Just wanted to know what sort of thing's people have done with there tweeters !! Pic's and what they are would be nice please !!! thanks ;)

172 Cup
Just on a different note...I had a look last weekend at getting mine out to replace them... I got stumped as to how ...preferably without taking the dash off..anyone point me in the right direction? :D

Thanks guys

BMW M135i
Just on a different note...I had a look last weekend at getting mine out to replace them... I got stumped as to how ...preferably without taking the dash off..anyone point me in the right direction? :D

Thanks guys
No way with the dash on. Its piss easy to remove anyway.

In the clio, there okay in the stock position unless you are a real sq nutter. As the geometry of them against the windscreen is nice in the clio.

Best to mount them nicely in the holes though and securely.

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Lazy way of doing it.. :)

7851ab97.jpg

(still have to take dash off though)

Focus RS Mk1
i put mine in my doorcard

6-10.jpg

Too low really ^^^

i have mine in the std dash positions, found them to sound quite good there. I may change the psoition to the front pillars in the future but i doubt i'll be arsed to!

fubar's guide is really good for taking the top dash off, dead easy! even an amatuer could do it.

Focus RS Mk1
bad idea, will drag your sound stage right back, unless you sit in the back whilst listening to your car i suggest you dont fit them like that

Focus RS Mk1
oh and the 6x9's on the shelf says it all really! id put money on the car being super top end heavy and the sound stage being real far back. youd need to set the fader nearly 100% forward to ttry n cancel it out but that defeats the point of having speakers in certain places!

Thanks guys
No way with the dash on. Its piss easy to remove anyway.

when mine blow bout 3 months after gettin the car new i managed to get my front tweeters out without takin the dash off all be it, it wasnt that easy cus they sit of centre to the holes in the dash. I used a screwdriver to gentle prise um out but had to be very careful.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
This is how i mounted my Infinity Kappa's in my 1.2 Clio. Just bought a set for the 182 and will mount them the same way.

DSC00434.jpg

oh and the 6x9's on the shelf says it all really! id put money on the car being super top end heavy and the sound stage being real far back. youd need to set the fader nearly 100% forward to ttry n cancel it out but that defeats the point of having speakers in certain places!

where are the 6x9's? theyre just component speakers as you would put up front but in the back

Cupra 300 ST 4drive

People do sit in the back of my car mate and as far as 6x9s when have you ever seen 6x9 components, they are 165mm theres also kit in the front of the car, sounds great.:rolleyes:

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
:lolup: The clarity of the sound is even better than just with front tweets. They aint there cause im some random chav who doesnt know what he is doing! I used to fit car audio for a living and they are there for a reason :)

Oh and im sorry it doesnt fit in with everyone elses perfect view on how a clio should look/sound whatever, but fu*k it and lol at you for not having them in the rear :evil:

Last edited:
  vaux cavalier
Very amusing the way people criticise other peoples setups....

Not everyone wishes to comply with the norm....

Peoples musical tastes vary as do peoples opinion on what sounds good, maybe if you actually listened to each others setups your opinions may change, who knows???

A growing number of SQ competition cars are using rear speakers, these are being used to imitate the sound reflections that are experienced when listening to a live performance in almost any room....:cool:

Ph1 172 + Combo van
i have rear speakers. but not components and place the tweeter right next to someones ear.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
lol at tweeters in the rear,
jst drag your soundstage to the boot,

i might go to a concert and face the wrong way sometime
wud give the same kind of thing,

you only need left and right sound,
i never use my rear speakers,
mainly because i never use my rear ears :p

vaux cavalier
lol at tweeters in the rear,
jst drag your soundstage to the boot,

i might go to a concert and face the wrong way sometime
wud give the same kind of thing,

you only need left and right sound,
i never use my rear speakers,
mainly because i never use my rear ears :p

And 'David Hafler' would lol at your comments.....

alien green rs133
my rainbow tweeters are glued into standard tweeter housing then clipped into dash, and they are loud, rainbow rock :D

vaux cavalier
With simple 2 ch stereo you lose so much, with rearfill you can emulate a more ambient sound....

When using no rearfill you can struggle to mate the two sound sources, (sub in boot and front speakers), perfectly so the overall effect becomes disjointed....You can address this by altering the 'phasing' of the sub, (assuming your amp will allow this), or by using rear speakers, (inc tweeters), to offer 'rearfill' which masks the problem....

On a side note, would anyone care to show me a head unit that only has front speaker outputs.....

Alpine are regarded as one of the most sound quality orientated manufacturers out there, yet they persistently supply head units & processors which support 4 channels.....

You may imagine that your front only systems sound great, but compared to the ambience of a 'live' performance they are lacking.....

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers for the backup Wallop. These guys obiviously are not audiophiles. When i sit in my car with the stereo on i cant tell where the sound is coming from.
It doesnt sound like its coming from the front or the rear, its set up perfect.

Quality sound is all i go for wether people who obvously dont have a clue go on about my rear tweeters or not.

If your going to sl*g of the rear tweeters i suggest you come listen to the cars system first before slagging off something you obviously are not that interested in (Quality sounding audio)

Gav

Focus RS Mk1
With simple 2 ch stereo you lose so much, with rearfill you can emulate a more ambient sound....

When using no rearfill you can struggle to mate the two sound sources, (sub in boot and front speakers), perfectly so the overall effect becomes disjointed....You can address this by altering the 'phasing' of the sub, (assuming your amp will allow this), or by using rear speakers, (inc tweeters), to offer 'rearfill' which masks the problem....

On a side note, would anyone care to show me a head unit that only has front speaker outputs.....

Alpine are regarded as one of the most sound quality orientated manufacturers out there, yet they persistently supply head units & processors which support 4 channels.....

You may imagine that your front only systems sound great, but compared to the ambience of a 'live' performance they are lacking.....

I agree with parts of this...

yes systems can be disjointed when just having 2 front channels playing and im a big fan of having some rear fill but imo (of course) having a full on set of comps in the rear doing what the fronts are doing is too much, I believe a perfect balance is either just having something simple, eg std speakers, running off the headunit or something like a pair of coaxials in the std positions.

NO-one goes to a concert and the music comes from behind them. No-one.

I dont think headunits are the issue here. Many people have said to me in the past to disconnect rear speaker and have just the fronts and ive always regarded that as bad advice.

So for those who do have tweets in the rear i think your on the right track but maybe a little too much.

Quick question - any of those with comps in the rear, im assuming you have comps amped up in the front, or even the rear ones? And kind of sound deadening? will make a huge difference!

vaux cavalier
When you go to any indoor 'live' performance you will experience sound reflection from behind you....to emulate this all head unit manufacturers offer a 'front/rear fader....Obviously the bias is set to favour the front channels considerably.....

vaux cavalier
I think we both have different views with regards ambient sound....

IMO a setup that emulates it is going to sound more natural, (as in shut your eyes and you could be in the audience), it would appear you prefer the recording studio sound where ambient sounds aren't produced....

You should remember that each person has a preference, these preferences should be respected and not mocked....if you don't like or appreciate rearfill, then simply don't incorporate it in your system....but in the same context you nor I should state its either right or wrong....

I've listened to some fantastic setups which haven't used rearfill, I've also listened to some fantastic setups that do, I would consider neither to be 'better' than the other, but I would prefer rearfill in my own car, you possibly wouldn't....

I suppose I'm trying to say, "Each to their own"....

"If it sounds right to you, then it's right"

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Come hear my system then lol !!!:lolup:

Apologies to the guy whop i said had 6x9's on the rear shelf, they look distinctly oval in that picture! But even still, anything on the rear shelf is a waste of time. Even more sub with a sub in the boot.

lol ok, Come and hear mine first ;)

You appear to talk so much sense regarding putting stuff on the rear shelf, Yet you then put tweeters in the back :S

To the dude who used to do this for a living, Any chance you can let me know what company you worked for so I can avoid them?

Although TBH 150wrms to each mid and tweeter up front are having problems keeping up with my subs :(

Im all for some co-axials ran off the head unit to provide some rear fill, But tweeters mounted at the top of the seat at ear level, Honestly.....