ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Show me your induction kits...!

A Flamin' Red one
I'm ideally after a Simota but a BMC CDA is fine compromise from what I've researched. I just wanted to see a few pics of them in your engine bays along with the best place to buy one and exactly what fitment I'll need. All of the sites I've googled seem to say something different than the last :S

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Just found a pic of Steve's itg maxogen...

forsale733.gif

:approve:

BMW M135i
Yes the price is a joke unfortuantely, its the only one you'll see a gain on though. Another option is to go for a Ph1 airbox.

clio 1.2 - 51 plate
get yourself down to prospeed in cardiff, charlie will make you a custom induction kit and fit everything, my mate just had one done, cost him 240 quid though, i'll try to get some pics of it for you, it looks well sweet...

Clio Sport 172
If you want a BMC I am selling mine. It doesnt come with the bracket though although I will go out and check.

Say £90 inc p&p?

Up rocks
get yourself down to prospeed in cardiff, charlie will make you a custom induction kit and fit everything, my mate just had one done, cost him 240 quid though, i'll try to get some pics of it for you, it looks well sweet...

Also interested in pics :)

1.8 Civic EX
These Simotas scare everybody you pass ! :eek: incredible sound !

(no performance though )

lol i've scared a fair few...

i'm interested in the performace...will find out in a week as i'm going back to get it on the rollers. last time was without the simota...i don't mind if it doesn't show any gain tbh...looks good and sounds awesome! on public roads the +/- 2-3bhp it would give wouldn't real be noticable...I've certainly noticed no difference

182 Cup
Do maxogen's actually make a big differrence then?

No induction kit makes a big difference! I went for it as it was reputed to be the best. What really needs to be done is a rolling road day with one car and a number of induction kits - it would settle the arguments!

Up rocks
Couple of jubilee clips mate and thats it :)

Did you have to block the pipe coming from the AV?

Dunno mate, not fitted one to a clio before (loving my standard airbox). But i've fitted loads before on other cars, even swapped the turbo and downpipe, and fitted a front mount intercooler along with a BMC CDA to my last car and all it al boils down to is a few clips and bolts. Not even looked at the Clios airbox really as it goes well and sounds good standard.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I've got one of these

IMAGE_055.jpg

now containing one of these

100_4029.jpg

with ducting

IMAGE_057.jpg

ending up here

IMAGE_058.jpg

I'm at Surrey Rolling Road next saturday to see what it's achieved (if anything)...I'm hoping for a bit of a ram-air effect from the 120mm ducting behind the grill.

I'm going to see if between runs they'll let me disconnect the airfeed and rotate the airbox around so it draws air from behind the NS headlight instead, just like the Maxogens do above.

I've run at Surrey twice before (13 months and 24,000 miles apart) and the two seperate runs/graphs were overlaid and there was no difference at all...so we know that the RR there is consistant.

Watch this space.

In between cars....
I've got one of these

IMAGE_055.jpg

now containing one of these

100_4029.jpg

with ducting

IMAGE_057.jpg

ending up here

IMAGE_058.jpg

I'm at Surrey Rolling Road next saturday to see what it's achieved (if anything)...I'm hoping for a bit of a ram-air effect from the 120mm ducting behind the grill.

I'm going to see if between runs they'll let me disconnect the airfeed and rotate the airbox around so it draws air from behind the NS headlight instead, just like the Maxogens do above.

I've run at Surrey twice before (13 months and 24,000 miles apart) and the two seperate runs/graphs were overlaid and there was no difference at all...so we know that the RR there is consistant.

Watch this space.

Is that a Ph1 airbox? Im after an induction kit myself, it it performance french cars that has the review this month?

Cheers Chris