ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

show me your 17" turinis

2LTR 16V TURBO CLIO!
As above guys.

Been offered a set at good money but unsure if they will look to big on the clio.

Any one running 17's?

Please upload your pics.

Thanks Paul

Maccy

ClioSport Club Member
  Straight 6
Do 17" Turinis even exist?! I've only ever known of 15/16s.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
No one? Or 17s in general will help....

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?697841-Black-amp-Blue

they're not my personal choice tbh.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
No one? Or 17s in general will help....

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...to-Finesse-Power-Seal!!&p=8853644#post8853644

My mates car , I run them too now pics up later, they look great, take no notice of the cliosport OEM PLUS sheep ! 17s dont handle look wrong blah blah I have A set 0f 17s and 16s and run both 17s handle better and look better imo if they are a good lightweight wheel with correct offset and drop they are great.

17" turinis are flowformed to so lighter than a std 16.

If you have been offered them at good money do it you wont regret it they are £965 new without tyres !!

RB 182 195bhp
They look good on 197's/200's but too big one 1*2's, a friend has a r56 JCW mini and is currently looking at running them, does look very cool on them also

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
They look good on 197's/200's but too big one 1*2's, a friend has a r56 JCW mini and is currently looking at running them, does look very cool on them also

Why are they to big ?? overall od of tyre and wheel on a 17 is 7mm dia more than a 16 as tyre profile is less on 17 not exactly a massive difference !!!

I echo everything Dave is saying above..!

There was a pretty long and windled thread last year about 15s, 16s and 17s... Very interesting actually will see if i can find it.

Sheep ftw.;)

More wheel less tyre, same size!

PB Clio 172
I am not a fan of the wheels you want lol but its your car and anything different to CS sheep is always a bonus!

Black gold 182
They are mine

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    281.8 KB · Views: 178
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 196
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 170
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    283.3 KB · Views: 190
  Astra (H) VXR
they actually look pretty decent IMO. never considered getting bigger wheels but they do look nice.

RB Clio 182
I sometimes look at my 16's and think maybe 15's would have looked better with a bigger tyre.

​17's look way to big on a mk2 clio imo, reminds me of a tractor tbh.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
bet you won't say they are too big on a V6 .... Clio MK2 still

If you look VERY closely at a V6 clio you will notice it has some bodywork differences around the arches, I think this makes a big difference to how larger wheels look on them.

PB Clio 172
yeah it does but to say '17's are too big on a Clio MK2' is just not true V6 Clio's are MK2 therefore its rubbish

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
You cant have 17s on here mate the sheep will hate ya :quiet: i run 17s on my cup and have just put coilovers on think it looks great dont listen to all thats said on here or you WILL have 16s turinus or 15s 1.2s or 2118s

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
You cant have 17s on here mate the sheep will hate ya :quiet: i run 17s on my cup and have just put coilovers on think it looks great dont listen to all thats said on here or you WILL have 16s turinus or 15s 1.2s or 2118s

So true !