ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Show car shine?

C

clvs2222

Hiya guys, just wana know what people use at shows? Im entering a show and shine competition the end of the month. Just bought a new car which is dark blue. gong to spend the next few days on the paintwork. Will recieve claying, wet sanding, machine polishing with menzerna intensive and final finish. i dont have anything in my colection which if finer than the finial finish.

Whats the best products to use for the ultimate deep glossy shine after the polishing stage has been completed? I will be using DoDo juice rainforest rub wax as i find it very good.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
PA212625.jpg

PA212624.jpg

not my car btw :)

106 GTi
As said a glaze may add a little to the final finishes apperance but probabaly not if the FF has been properly refined.

An old trick is to apply a coat of Megs #7 the day before the show over any wax or sealant on the car just for looks at the show.

I used to compete in show and shine and concours comps in the past and it is much more than just the paintwork condition, I would look into getting the dirt out of every single nook and cranny, clean everything once and then clean it again. Good luck.

C

clvs2222

Any body used the zymol finale finish detailing spray. Aparently it gives the best gloss shine available?

106 GTi
Got both there Detail Spray and Field Glaze spray, neither add anything much in looks on a well prepared surface.

95% of any of the depth and gloss are created in the polishing stage.

Renault Sport Clio 172
1.Meguiars Smooth Surface Quik Clay Kit (with detailer)
2.Meguiars NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0

No.1 gives a very smooth surface after apply. And No.2 you could rather choose liquid wax or wax paste. They both do a extremely good job but wax paste will last even longer. Hope this will help you out buddy!