ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

should I worry

Naples 16v

Ive had my valver for a few months now, one thing I didnt pick up on after the 4 hour journey to view it was the front end damage it has received at some time. the piece of metal that runs across in front of the rad is somewhat miss-shaped and there is evidence of repair workto the body work if you scrutinise (?) it. Oh does anyone on here know of my naples valver or anything about its history by any fluke (no wind-ups lads) reg M970 LAA

Massey6465 & saxo1.1

How does it drive? Hold a straight line ok? Did you buy it private or from a garage? If you are reallyworried about its safety you should get it looked at,just so you know if you have a prang you will be safe.

Naples 16v

yeah seems ok, engine-wise no problems except for me questioning the RPM at 60mph, no one gives me a real answer as to what it should be doing not even Renault, but its in the region of 3200-3300 in 5th

Naples 16v

cheers, at last someone replies to the rpm thing, anyone else care to tell me what their valver does (rpm)

silver valver/hybrid

shouldnt really matter, as nothing can change the rpm at a certain speed unless yiu have a slipping clutch. to test from standstill put it into 4th pull the handbrake up hard, then slowly let the clutch out,it should stall, if not the clutch is on the way out.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

if the needles have been off the clocks to fit white dails etc, that could affect the rpm/mph.

Naples 16v

slipping clutch? hmm.. one of my theories that, any guesses at cost of replacement? Oh and thanks for the ideas

I had to replace my valver clutch, i had an uprated one fitted that didnt last. I replaced it with a standard (much better) for £65 including both plates and release bearing. I bought it from a local car spares place. I changed it myself, it took about 2.5days, but it was worth it.

Naples 16v

So why is mine doin nearly 3.5k @60, wouldnt i smell the clutch burning if it was continually slipping, its been mentioned by someone on here that it could have had the wrong gear box fitted at some point? is that possible let alone likely

silver valver/hybrid

i think youd smell it if it was continually slipping, might be just down to an inacurate rev counter. hard to say excactly