ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should i?? - High mileage '09 1.5 dCi 86 Dynamique

Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-Jet
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and was hopefully after a bit of advice.

Due to a change in circumstances I'm looking to part ex my Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-Jet 150 for something a tad more economical as I'm going to be doing a lot more miles mainly on back roads. I've had a lot of fun in my Bravo but it is not really sensible for longer distance commuting!!

So far the 1.5 diesel Clio stands out, I like how it looks and the engine seems economical yet should hopefully provide a bit of fun on the drive. I've found a few 09' Clios with high mileage (around the 90k mark) for just over £3k. I'm tempted by one as it won't cost a lot more on top of my car but wondered if a. This is a good idea and b. if it is, what should I be looking out for on higher mileage Clios.

Any comments appreciated, seems a very friendly and helpful forum!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
TBH although 90K is high for the year, its not high for the engine, loads of mk2 with the same engine with half as much again or more on them.

Megane 225
ME personally wouldn't want to buy a high milage car.... but if its got a good history and everything seems ok then why not mate. Diesels seem to last long if maintained well.

Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-Jet
There are 3 with this mileage so guessing they may be ex-fleet...in which case I hope they've been serviced properly. Think I'll take a look and go with my gut, reassuring to know there are a few out there with more miles on though...

172 Ph2
Oh I'm sure they will most diesel engines will go on for donkeys and outlive the car, it's not just the engine though it's all the other parts you have to consider.

I'd have no issue against buying a high miler but you have to think about resell value, maintenance costs to replace worn parts that are due earlier than the average for an '09.

You can get the car cheaper upfront but just bear in mind maintenance may be more than a lower mileage initially, such as belts etc (depends on how long you keep the car, if you're keeping it for a long period then once you changed everything you're fine for X years).

Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-Jet
Oh I'm sure they will most diesel engines will go on for donkeys and outlive the car, it's not just the engine though it's all the other parts you have to consider.

I'd have no issue against buying a high miler but you have to think about resell value, maintenance costs to replace worn parts that are due earlier than the average for an '09.

You can get the car cheaper upfront but just bear in mind maintenance may be more than a lower mileage initially, such as belts etc (depends on how long you keep the car, if you're keeping it for a long period then once you changed everything you're fine for X years).

I'm planning on keeping it for the foreseeable future, hopefully I will have a choice so can find one with thorough service history...

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
High miles like that implies largely motorway miles so things like steering rack play etc that normally happens with high miles wont have generally.