ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should I change my cam belt?

02 Clio 172
Just a quick one. I'm looking for general thoughts, no sarcy comments please.

My Cam Belt was changed at KTec at 36000 miles back in June 2008 before I bought it. I'm now on 67000 miles and obviously nearly 5 years on. Do I need to need to think about a change sooner rather than later? Thanks in advance.

172 Cup
I'd get a new dephaser fitted too while your at it. Don't want to be doing the job all again if it starts rattling.

I would be getting it done as soon as possible if it were me mate.

You're hitting the age limit of the cam belt. And if the aux belt hasn't been done since, that's almost 2 years over due now.

And I'd also get a dephaser. You can get a genuine Renault part from Wolves Renault I think it was, for £120. £7 delivery. Just recently got one myself.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Cambelt is due in June. Your aux belt is overdue though, so just get the lot done as soon as you can

02 Clio 172
Great. Thanks for the replies gents. Last thing I need is a shagged engine.

Dan, can you PM me a price to do the belts, dephaser etc please buddy and a timescale too please. (How long it'll take and when you can do it) I'm thinking in about next two weeks time possibly. Cheers.

Great. Thanks for the replies gents. Last thing I need is a shagged engine.

Dan, can you PM me a price to do the belts, dephaser etc please buddy and a timescale too please. (How long it'll take and when you can do it) I'm thinking in about next two weeks time possibly. Cheers.

Chuck in some 438 cams with all the trimmings at the same time :) and you're looking at about £1499 I think.

Belts alone I would guess circa £500. Add £150 odd on top for a Dephaser.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Chuck in some 438 cams with all the trimmings at the same time :) and you're looking at about £1499 I think.
decent opportunity if thats the way you want to go

Belts alone I would guess circa £500. Add £150 odd on top for a Dephaser.

£450 + £176.50 plus oil and filter. But close enough ;)

02 Clio 172
I'd love to go the whole hog and throw some cams in, but right now, I can't afford it. :( I can just about do the cam belt at the moment.

Dan, I'll be in touch. Cheers.