ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should I buy a PS Vita

Not a 320d
Kinda want one

Not sure if there are any games which are good (Except MGS HD Collection)

Seems like Sony messed up.

Should I ? Fancy a hand held to mess about with on holiday. Buy second hand?

Cup, Lude & Z
I bought one not long after release, great little machine but the games that were being released just didn't do that much for me. So in the end i sold it :(

Nissan 350z
What would you use it for though? I cant think of many occasions when I'm in a situation where Im away from home with hours to kill and would feel comfortable playing a handheld console compared with say, browsing on a laptop?

Not a 320d
Playing on the plane for 9 hours. MGS HD collection. That is all I can think I wouldplay on it.

Theres just no good games for it, ironically MGS HD was created many moons ago and while I think they are some of the best games ever released I cant Justify £200 for something I will probably only use once or twice a year.

​Tempting but then Ill sell it and lose about £100....

Titanium 182
There are plenty of good games on it, you're just not looking hard enough.

I picked up one of these last week for £125 on Amazon Warehouse deals. It really is an impressive bit of kit. It'll be excellent playing PS4 games using Remote Play when the wife wants to watch telly.

Titanium 182
I'm a 400% sony fanboi, but even I can't see a reason to have one of these.
That's funny, because I'm not a Sony fanboy at all, but I'm loving it. Maybe it's because I never owned a PS1 or PSP that I'm enjoying playing the back catalogue on the move.

And the PS+ free stuff, of course. Both Gravity Rush and Velocity Ultra are oustanding. Looking forward to giving Uncharted: Golden Abyss a go as well.

172 cup
I buy pretty much all games consoles so have a ps vita. I agree it's a great machine but the games are rubbish, and just dont realise enough. So don't be surprised if you buy it and get bored after a few weeks

Not a 320d
I might look into pre owned. but then I dont want one thats battered to s**t.

is remote play actually going to happen. I guess playing PSX games on it could be interesting

Titanium 182
I buy pretty much all games consoles so have a ps vita. I agree it's a great machine but the games are rubbish, and just dont realise enough. So don't be surprised if you buy it and get bored after a few weeks
Which games have you played? So far I've played MLB The Show 13 (pretty much like the main console game just with slightly worse graphics); Velocity Ultra (a fantastic shoot 'em up); Rayman Origins (brilliant platformer that's essentially the same as the home console version); God of War: Ghost of Sparta (PSP classic); and Silent Hill (PS1 classic). I can't see me getting tired of this anytime soon.

​Unless you mean the CoD and Fifa games, which are meant to be s**t. I have no interest in these.

Not a 320d
Is it possible to load custom firmware to this thing like could the PSP?

I just cant justify it for the fact I wont play it more than for 1 month.

Not a 320d
Ima go see if i can get a used one at game today. £100 is worth keeping my sanity on the flight tomorrow for 9 hrs.

Listerine & Poledo
I'm surprised Sony even bothered to make it.
Handheld consoles are dieing on their ass because of smartphones.

They just needed to make the Xperia Play again, but this time better.