ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shorter gear ratio..........

Clio Rs ph1/182 cup
hi all.........as soon as my experience with my ph1 it's nearly at the end ....i would share and discuss about all the mods i have done on it ......and with this 3ad just want to talk about my shortened gear ratio......

it's a simply mod .....you just change the last gear of the transmission putting in 13/57 gears ......
this mod is quoted as the best on our italian forum for the ph1s ........the car become much faster and more driveable round tracks and also in the normale traffic.......my clio with remap and this mod goes as my mates cammed 182 ........

the only negative fact is that at 130km/h you are at 4200 rpm ......so not ideal who goes a lot on the mw .....

now i'd like to ask you .....what you think about it ?? it cost 400euro plus labor to fit it and the gain is huge ....
why none of you runs it ?

don't want to do criticis just want to share my experience.........

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
I'm actually very intrested why nobody on here does that, it seems like a good mod, i would consider it if I didn't drive on the motorway a lot :/

172 Race Car
When we looked into it we found it to be around £700. Plus it makes 1st gear pretty useless. Not ideal for us at a race start

Clio Rs ph1/182 cup
that's true .....but for who has a stripped car and does trackdays it's a good mod .....

Silver Clio 172 Phase 1
Ah ok cheers jay was 700 for the parts alone or did that include fitting when you looked into it?

172 Race Car
Just parts. Fitting would involve gearbox rebuild. If you have a phase 1, gains can be had by fitting a phase 2 box

Clio & Volvo V70 T5
I used to have a mk3 2ltr Golf GTI with final drive from a mk2 which was lower. Only used it on the road & made it a bit noisy on motorway, but not ridiculous. It was fantastic for overtaking though!