ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Short shifter pin query.

1Berg2
Evening all,

Just a quick one.

I was trying to fit my short shifter pin this afternoon, and I've got as far as removing the circlip, but for the life of me I cannot remove the plastic bits underneath, namely these buggers:

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/1212/dsc00480wq.jpg

(circlip still present in that image)

Now, are these impossible to move or am I just being a bit special?

Any advice duly appreciated, even if it confirms me as a 'tard.

TIA.

Mk2 Ph2 172
Remove circlip then you can use a bar just to gently lever the selector arm down and it will come out

I also found that the part of the selector arm that fits into this pin was worn and replaced that and the boot!!!

Now my gear selection is perfect

1Berg2
Still cannot move it.

I can't see how it comes out, the plastic holder looks impossible to remove.

Has anyone got a suggestion on how to get it out, or can you tell me how you did yours?

Thanks!

Cup In bits
I had a bit of a problem doing mine, make sure to put the selector in a gear where the pin will pass the casing where you removed the circlip. Use a big screwdriver to prise/lever it out.

Its hard to describe really, but use a bit of force and it should come, the two plastic half's that go around the end of the pin might be getting caught on the circlip groove.

Hope that helps, the refitting is ALOT more fiddly :dapprove:

Mk2 Ph2 172
The bushes and pin come out of the big hole the circlip comes out off

It can't come Out any other way than downwards lol

1Berg2
Ah downwards you say.

There was me trying to pull it ---> like that.

I must have left something else in the bottom of it, there's no way the bushes will go through the hole the circlip came out of!

derv biege barge
I fitted the gear selector seal a couple of months ago. Same happened to me. A bit of brute force was required then it soon popped out.