ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shooting Fireworks

RIP Dan
A mate of mine is a Fireworks tech.

He has invited me to take shots of his next event, from the centre of operations so to speak. I have never been great at night/low light stuff and not really got a clue what setup I should be running.

Any tips? I only have an old canon SLR with kits lens, 70-300 sigma and a nifty fifty. I have a tripod but its in storage, I suppose I should get it out for this then?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
If you're really close, lense: wide as hell, remote, tripod, bulb mode, F11, ISO1-400 (see how you get on). Failing the remote, 20-30 seconds shutter, F8-11 (again see how you get on) or tighter if they're not too crisp.

Check Flickr for photos, cheat by looking at the exif and it gives you a starting position :)

RIP Dan
Cheers for the advice, will give it a go.

I have a remote so I just leave it for 20-30 seconds and then close the shutter?