ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shoe Polish

You know the squeezy shoe polish things you can get with the foam top on the end.

Would this work if you masked off the car and used it on the window trims to get them back to black?

Just a thought...

It's not as stupid as it sounds.

The "squeezy shoe polish things" actually contain silicon, to make the leather surface appear shiny. It is not much different from cheap silicon valet products, so could, in theory, be used.

However, it will make dust cling to it and be greasy to the touch. So I'd advise against it.

Because the shoe shine is £2.

Not disagreeing with you - just getting into the OPs frame of mind.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Dual use. Polish your shoes afterwards.

Can't do your shoes with trim restorer.... or can you?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
On the flip side, I used AF leather cream on my boots to tidy them up before going out last week. Worked pretty well :)

182 Cup
My old man saw this on the tv about shoe polish n keeps telling me to try it as its cheap, I keep telling him to f**k off!! I'd rather just spend a little more money and use something that's designed for the purpose.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
My old man saw this on the tv about shoe polish n keeps telling me to try it as its cheap, I keep telling him to f**k off!! I'd rather just spend a little more money and use something that's designed for the purpose.

You tell your old man to f**k off?

I'd slap you upside the head tbh.

182 Cup
Haha I'm a bit old for a clip round the ear now, not literally telling him to f**k off then but every time I'm cleaning me car he'll mention it and it's starting to piss me off, why would companies develop a specific product if shoe polish would do the job.

To make more money out of those that they can dupe into thinking there is a difference.

Not applicable in this case, but it happens.

5f9313cb-d43c-14dc.jpg
Did this on a 106 yesterday and it looks brilliant. Time will tell how long it lasts but good for a cheap effect before selling a car