ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shock? 'pop' - Help

123d coupe
Have a cup packed 182, was driving home tonight bout 30ish and out of no where i hear this loud 'pop', actually very similar to like....a water bottle 'popping' back into shape, that I thought may have been under my seat or something.

Now three days ago i was driving on an A road at night that was having road works and i unfortunately I noticed a large pot hole that I saw late (normally sooo careful about them as i know these OE shocks wont last forever if you bang around in potholes!!) and i went through it at 50mph......BANG, oh jesus mary and joseph....obsenities were vented :mad:

Now, any ideas of what has failed to cause this loud 'pop!' ?!?
Shock, rear bearing,

Cars deff all over the place and feels just wrong. Havent had a chance to get the wheels off for a look for leaking as yet as its dark early now (ya dont say....)

Thanks

123d coupe
Re:Shock? 'pop' - Help: re: new plans

Quickly jacked up the car up at home, all looked well after a look? strange. hadnt taken the wheels and guard off mind. not sure if theres a leak..
Gal - mechanic - said the is some play in the steering which needs looking at. So just taking it easy with it.
Thanks, I still think theres a spring issue so decided on doing a few things..

Well thought, having actually owned the car three and a half years now it time to get the wallet out :eek: cars a STANDARD ff. FRSH'd. 2 of 4 stamps contributed my muggins here lol (an obvious oil changes between)
Anyway the car, loved it. apprciated it. 'treated it like a baby!' been really lucky with it, not having to spend anything on it mechanicly...

Part from:
Plugs, the proper tyres, exhaust brackets and recent cf splitter.......and a CS sticker! lol (and drove 172 03 for a year prior too)

But, hmmm..well so only just gave it its *ahem over due cambelt change...up at jamsprt, (130 mile rounder :eek: but as so happens fathers been recently having care there on his 450hp focus rs, that he has mountuned somewhat before. the madmans still only got 6000k miles on it!!
But this is obviously another matter entirely!! haha

So coming soon for my 182 (hopefully some kinda thread/pictures in the next fortnight it really is a beaut):
Front Brembo HC
Ferodo ds2500's
Briaded's/bleeded and new fluid
Eibach pro (been a bear with a sore head with this...basically cautious sports will be lower further after a year one running?)
ARB (whiteline?)
Gen Ren rear shocks
PF suspension bushes..
PF twisted engine mount
Washers maybe topmounts
different diamond badges
Alacantra gaitor
197 wheel
if im lucky, treadlines.

Pictures to follow