ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

shock absorbers 172 ff vs cup

CLK 55
looking to refresh my suspension, currently std shocks with eibach springs. searched on here and it seems I can put the slightly updated 172 cup shocks on my non cup 172.. can anybody with experience confirm? as I see in a couple of threads people also say they don't??
which is it, a yes or a no?
thanks guys

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
I think you would need different hubs as well as the camber etc would be wrong. I could be wrong though.

also no such thing as a 172 ff!

Last edited:

Jul172

ClioSport Club Member
  Iceberg 172
Yes you can upgrade standard 172 dampers with 172 cup dampers without issue, I've done it myself as have lots of others.
The Fatty is confusing 172s with standard 182 and cup 182s.

Put them on but you won't get warranty if cars non cup . I already had shockie go this year abd it only done 15k .

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
In internet speak, ff means cup packed... So ff suspension would mean cup suspension. Which would be the same thing.

And 172s weren't available with the cup packs, there was only the 172 and the 172 cup.

Put them on but you won't get warranty if cars non cup . I already had shockie go this year abd it only done 15k .

Warrenty, on a 172? Which they stopped selling in 2003?