ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shiny brakes oui?

200 cup & 106 GTi
DSCF1466.jpg

DSCF1465.jpg

DSCF1470.jpg

DSCF1468.jpg

Brembo max/HC? Pffft :rasp:

200 cup & 106 GTi
No idea yet, i'm waiting till it's dark and the zombies come out to eat the sunday drivers which will leave the roads clear for me to wear them in the proper way without someone rear ending me, will be taking on some kent & sussex coastal roads after they're worn in to test them.

They've gotta be better than the old brakes anyway...

DSCF1469.jpg

:eek:

Chocolate Bar™
when i saw the title i assumed you'd had the calipers machine polished...think im getting detailing world ocd

200 cup & 106 GTi
Unfortunately i actually drive my car :rasp: and unless you lot have been living in the caribbean your cars must have been locked away in garages?

I detailed it a month ago, and washed it on friday after work, then went out friday night, pressure washed it down yesterday, then drove it again last night to my mates and back, it pissed with rain and there are leaves and crap everywhere, doesn't help that i live down a single track lane miles from even a village :rasp:

Picture061.gif

That's pre-sealant and wax :)

White Sti Hatch
mines not been washed in 3 weeks dont plan on doing it any time soon either no point at this time of year !

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
forgive me if i'm wrong but aren't the grooves supposed to go from inside to out in the main rotational direction? This is to aid heat dissipation into the wheel and thus tyre, providing maintainable temps and decent grip. Also clears any crud to the outside of disc instead of trapping on the inside near hub centre.

Being a trophy you'll obviously drive it properly, just something to bare in mind, unless the instructions said otherwise, in which case im :S

'02 Monaco Blue 172
they look great but shouldn;t your wheel sit flush where those allen bolts are sticking out, they are normally countersunk!

White Sti Hatch
If you have them facing the other way you get more bite but go through more pads at the same time.

A SHED!
ooooo i like, they're brembo......? where did you get them from and how much? if you dont mind me asking. Car looks amazing. :)

200 cup & 106 GTi
mines not been washed in 3 weeks dont plan on doing it any time soon either no point at this time of year !

Indeed although with a good layer of sealant, the crap just washes off with a hose so i hose it down every few days, wash it once every week or two depending on how much work i've gotta do!

AstoN - That's how i had 4 pots on my old car:

PICT0662.gif

But reading the brembo instructions(shock horror) it says to have them how i've fitted them on the clio! Can't argue with them i don't think lol

And i don't really thrash my trophy, i use it as a company car at the moment, averaging 42mpg over the past 300 miles! As you can see the old discs were shafted(think they were factory ones) and i happened to get a rather tasty deal on the brembo sport discs so i thought i may as well upgrade my downgrade for a regrade! :cool:

Dan - The trophy wheels don't sit flush, i checked it all fitted, there are gaps between the wheel bolts on wheel so the wheels fit over the bolts fine!

Yes they're brembo sport grooved discs, got them off a mate for £65 - meant to be around £140-150 delivered i think?!

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
driving properly and thrashing are two different things. but seems impractical from a performance point of view with the discs like that.