ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shift Light?

Hi,

Has anyone ever made there own shift light? I want one but dont want to splash out £100 odd just for a light that lights up!

Cheers

133, 182, Kangoo 182
You,ve already got one built in!!!:S
There's enough threads around about the built-in one not being a shift light, but a "you should have changed gear by now" light so I guess they just want one that can be changed depending on where your car makes the most power.

I'll be subscribing anyway :)

There's enough threads around about the built-in one not being a shift light, but a "you should have changed gear by now" light so I guess they just want one that can be changed depending on where your car makes the most power.

I'll be subscribing anyway :)

Yes thats correct! The built in one is gash! useless! I know when im gonna redline it! Thats what the rev counter is for!

J

jonnytheboy

Yes thats correct! The built in one is gash! useless! I know when im gonna redline it! Thats what the rev counter is for!

Well if you 'Know' when to change gear then what the f**k do you need a shift light for????????

EP3 Civic Type R
Listen to the engine and watch your rev counter... it gives you a nice idea ;)

I've never got shift lights on road cars!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I'd be more impressed if someone did ferrari style lights on the steering wheel :rasp:

M2 Competition
If you need to watch the rev counter/ use a shift light to know when to change gear, you're doing driving wrong.

Im surprised you dont blow the welds on your intake!

Would the feel and balance of the car/ where you are in relation to the road, and the engine noise not be better indicators than a light?

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Why is everyone having a dig? Lol

He may want it for use on a track... There's loads of reasons (beginner with too many other things to concentrate on, new car, etc).

Nah mate i want it cos it looks sick init!

I actually want this for track, as I have never been on before. Less to think about.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I just change gear when the car gets to the point of resonance and goes into vibration madness.

SG9 Forester STi
Lol @ vibration madness.

Demontweeks do a few but I'm not sure of the quality and price so you'd have to have a look.

When at test & tune I just changed at 7k as that's where my clock ends lol (1.4 dials) and the car's limit is 7800.