ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

shall i get a decat?

clio 182
hey guys, just wondering...ive got the ktec ultra performance on my clio 182, sounds immense but if i was goin to get the decat for it aswell would it be worth it? would it sound much louder and are the gains noticeable?

Thanks guys

172 mk2 Iceberg
well will be louder and need swapping back for mot

Supposed to be slight gains at top end but the non cat cars iv driven after decatting seemed very slight gains if any mostly noise.........

Maybe best for turbo cars that are re maped ?

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
2nd best thing you can do to the Clio sports in my eyes, greatly improved lower rpm torque & even more eager power at the upper end of the rpm scale, running standard map will not be ideal as your likely to get flat spots so a re-map to go with would be advised

James

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Made a difference on my Williams not sure on the 172 but for £50 s/h seems worth the punt imo

b/g 182, meg tourer
i ran a decat for a few months with my miltek system, it was too noisy for me and it was hassle changing it for mot. not worth it imo.

CLIO 172 SPORT, modded
just find a garage that will turn a blind eye to the decat for the mot ;-) i left a crate of fosters in the boot last time lol

aye, for the expense and hassle of fitting one (ie. not much on a 182), you could try it to see what you think yourself, selling it on if it's not your thing

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
If you can be bothered changing it for the MOT (or find a friendly mot place) and dont mind the noise then do it, it is one of the best mods for the clio sport and its very easy to change on the 182's. For me it was too loud, gutted really as the car felt alot better with the decat

Do it, groupbuy going on at the moment ;)

182 much easier to sort than 172 come MOT time

As for noise just turn the CD player up!

'07 Impreza, 182 sold now
hey guys, just wondering...ive got the ktec ultra performance on my clio 182, sounds immense but if i was goin to get the decat for it aswell would it be worth it? would it sound much louder and are the gains noticeable?

Thanks guys

182 only runs 200cell cat anyway so depends if you think worth having to change it back every MOT, it will most prob bring Emissions light on and will be lot more raspy

ValverInBits
On a 182, yes definitely get one. You'll notice it, if only slightly.
on a 172, get one, but beware they are a cnut to fit every MOT time without a 182 manifold. Expect to bleed.

M

mini-valver

182 uses a sports cat anyway so you wont gain anything apart from noise and ASBO light. Lighter though.

Black 182 FF
Is the above true?

Some are saying it's the best mod to do, but if there's no point then I'm not going to bother.

Is the above true?

Some are saying it's the best mod to do, but if there's no point then I'm not going to bother.

I have a prospeed exhaust, charlie has modified the standard cat to fit the larger pipe and increase the flow a little. he said the standard cat is a sports cat and is actually quite good, not worth changing unless you want more noise from the system.

VaVa
If you can be bothered changing it for the MOT (or find a friendly mot place) and dont mind the noise then do it, it is one of the best mods for the clio sport and its very easy to change on the 182's. For me it was too loud, gutted really as the car felt alot better with the decat

Ditto.

I have no idea how much gain in hp... but it was much keener to rev at the top end. Literally flew to the redline.

Also, on occasion it would chirp on a fast change from first to second in the dry. Simply never does this since I took the decat off.

VaVa
I had mine on for about 5k miles and didn't see a light.

53 plate 172 btw.

I only got rid as I was selling the car but circumstances changed and I decided to keep her for a while.

I may get another one. ONce I've saved up for the AWT/Icarus inlet that is lol ;)