ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shaft back into hub....

997.1, Caddy, e208
Changing my abs rings as the pedal fart is really getting annoying now!

I've taken off the caliper, disc, undone the strut, pulled the shaft from the hub & just about to refit the new ring.

For reassembly, will I get the shaft in the hub easily? I test ran it and the splines locked very early on & I couldn't get any pressure on the shaft to push it back in to the hub... Am I missing something?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Should be as you described. If it's n/s it's easier. Pull the hub back on the ball joint and the shaft should go in no problems. Make sure you put copper slip on the driveshaft.

997.1, Caddy, e208
Cheers! I managed it yesterday, forgot I lowered the other side of the car overnight while I waited for a hub puller. Was difficult as I was fighting the ARB, once jacked up it was relatively easy.

One side done now, need to source new caliper bolts & hub/strut bolts before I begin the other side. Dread to think how much they'll cost new!