ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sh*t speakers

The speakers I have at the moment have a real bad sound and I want some new ones but don't have a clue about stuff like that.

I've got a Sony aftermarket head unit, anyone got any advice on a quick swap of speakers and what brand/type are good so I can carry on enjoying belting out some Sinatra!

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
IMO, Infinity - Ive just replaced all my speakers with 4x Infinity Reference 5010CS (but go for Kappa if you have extra cash), they sounded so much better than standard units, then when I upgraded my standard stereo to my 10yr old (top of the range) Alpine unit a few weeks back its sounded even better still.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Nooooo get rockford Fosgate ones. Car audio security they about £70 for a pair of 13s they cannot be beaten on quality unless you up it to diamond or rainbow components. Its a factopinion!

Polo + Micra
if you are running them off the head unit the infinity are a good idea as they are 2 ohm speakers

rockford fosgate lmao

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Do you even know what the impedance rating means? When I refer to quality you come back with something at 2ohmn? The lower the rating the worse the quality. Deafening bass isn't everything.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Has everything to do. Higher impedance rating better quality. Lower rating higher volume. Serious bass only achived with higher power. To achive both is a monster ball ache and requires rewiring and stupid money amp / head unit. Total hormany in a 6 speaker clio alone requires 12 ohms source at 2ohms per speaker. To get loud and quality sound you'll see why pro installs cost ridiculous money. If anyone on here can have thier unit at full and no distortion I'll give them a tenner. I can do this but it cost me a lot of money and favors from a mate at a car audio dealer.

Polo + Micra
Has everything to do. Higher impedance rating better quality. Lower rating higher volume. Serious bass only achived with higher power. To achive both is a monster ball ache and requires rewiring and stupid money amp / head unit. Total hormany in a 6 speaker clio alone requires 12 ohms source at 2ohms per speaker. To get loud and quality sound you'll see why pro installs cost ridiculous money. If anyone on here can have thier unit at full and no distortion I'll give them a tenner. I can do this but it cost me a lot of money and favors from a mate at a car audio dealer.

yeah impeadance is quoted as this includes the inductive and capactive nature of the load.

with the head unit not having a dc/dc power supply the lower the impeadance the higher the output

also if you know anything you would know that amplifiers distortion is usually at it's lowest right before it starts clipping (do you want me to explain clipping to you?)

yeah if you run everything off just the pre-outs then yeah you might be able to run the head unit at max as i never got my alpine pre-out to clip before i was setting up my subs with my CRO