ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

seXbox Live: 1 vs 100

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Anyone just play in the first UK beta session?

I'm guessing to actually get a shot as 'The One' you have to answer each question in the round before pretty much instantly?

Pretty cool idea though.

SQ5
Just stayed in the crowd kept saying I was winning MS points, won about 4000 but then they weren't in myaccount?! Not really any how to things on then either, I knwo theres one but doesn't say how to get into the Mob or The one!?

mk1 172
Luck of the draw for the mob, I got in.

As for winning prizes, you can only win them if you are 'the one' or in 'the mob'. I found it quite addictive and actually enjoyed it!

I played for the last 20mins or so. I was only in the crowd but was leading at one point. Great idea imo. Will definitely play again.

To get a chance at the mob/one you probs need to play the extended versions quite a bit.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I played for the last 20mins or so. I was only in the crowd but was leading at one point. Great idea imo. Will definitely play again.

To get a chance at the mob/one you probs need to play the extended versions quite a bit.

Leading in your party or leading the whole game??

You can win prizes if you're in the top 3 scoring people of a round (whether it be mob or crowd).

You win a prize in the mob only if the one loses.

You win a prize as the one if you choose 'the money' or eliminate everyone. If you eliminate everyone the prize is 10,000 microsoft points and a physical prize, I think it's laptops/HDTVs/holiday vouchers and then the last game of the beta (in august) the prize is a Fiat 500 :eek:

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I'm still not sure what criteria you have to meet to be eligible for mob selection, as some of them were just plain dumb! Did anyone remember the question:

"What colour do you get if you mix blue and green"

Turquoise and I didn't look at the other answers, but about 30 people in the mob got it wrong...

75000 people were playing in the UK last night though.. Talk about tough odds.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Basically a replica of the 1vs100 game show, but you play live on XBox Live.

It's on every Friday night from now on between 7:30 and 9:30. It's free to play but they give you loads of XBox adverts to watch now and then.

There's 1 main player (The One), 100 players in "the mob" and you can also play in the crowd (from which new main players and new mobs are selected each round).

You answer trivia questions which can be anything, you get a choice of 3 answers and get extra points for getting streaks and answering quickly (you can't cheat as you only get about 5 seconds to answer anyway).

1.8 Civic EX
Never seen the show but had a quick go last night, played one "show" of 30mins. I don't really understand this whole crowd, mob, one thing.

I was playing, answering about 36 questions in the half hour with three other people from xbox live playing "against"me....

is that it?

1.8 Civic EX
ah ok so thats what I was doing last night then...

so the one where you can actually win stuff is on Friday nights?

Trophy #267
yes 'live' shows are friday and sat @ 7:30 pm lasting 2 hrs where the mob (100) nad one (1) are selected on criteria as the weeks fastest response times, # questions answered but NOT points allocated.
If in mob and the one fails u get to share a prize with the remaining members of the mob (mainly live arcade games) but if u play as the one and win u get 10000 points / physical prize culminating in a car for the final week.
the other daily shows are extended play which build up points / response times & win streaks and for each correct answer u get sweepstake points which are randomly awarded prizes.

Leading in your party or leading the whole game??

You can win prizes if you're in the top 3 scoring people of a round (whether it be mob or crowd).

You win a prize in the mob only if the one loses.

You win a prize as the one if you choose 'the money' or eliminate everyone. If you eliminate everyone the prize is 10,000 microsoft points and a physical prize, I think it's laptops/HDTVs/holiday vouchers and then the last game of the beta (in august) the prize is a Fiat 500 :eek:

guessing my party. Not to sure. At the top of my screen i had me and 3 other players and i had a little star icon next to me plus i had more point than the other three.

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
Tried this last nite. Absolute nil chance of ever winning anything, guys on there getting every single question right almost instantly every time. Seems like you will be up against some serious pub quiz egg heads !! Def room to cheat aswell IMO if you have someone with you who can touch type pretty quick.

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
Yeah, quite a few very easy ones. You definitely need to know the answer before it appears to have any chance of doing well.

Trophy #267
mob member then ? I fear i may become a 360 geek planning fri and sat nite around 7:30 showings :eek:
how many were you down to then or did you take an early bath and point / prizes

Lee

BMW M2C
I was lucky on Friday and made it in to the mob.

Monday night was a tough night, some of those questions were seriously hard.

Either way, I'm hooked.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
No thats wat i put. Its turquoise iirc.

Who's gonna be on tonight...

LIST YOUR NAMES

spiezels
Mcbunny

Lee

BMW M2C
Unlikely I'll be on tonight as I'm eating round my parents.

If I am though chuck me an invite. GT: Rod Street

Anyone on tonight? I've been on since 730. Had a brief stint (one turn) in the mob. But, the b*****d took the 1200 gamer points, so I got naff all.

Played it last night, its ace!

However, I'm confuzzled. I presumed there is more than 1 "room"? There was 50,000 people playing last night, so surely there can't be just 1 of the 1 and then 1 lot of 100 people? and the rest just watching doing f**k all? lol..

Trophy #267
yes, each game, the one and mob are selected randomly from thos online due to certain 'criteria' crap odds yes lol

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
erm dunno it just kept coming up saying won live arcade game or a point amount when they got it wrong

thats just showing what the mob winners got when the one got it wrong, thats not actually you winning anything. You have to be in the mob to win or in the top 3 in the crowd, which isnt likely.

Lee

BMW M2C
Anyone on tonight? I've been on since 730. Had a brief stint (one turn) in the mob. But, the b*****d took the 1200 gamer points, so I got naff all.

There some big winners when you, me and Rasclart were playing on Friday.

God it's addictive.

Forgot to listen to your voice message by the way, I'll check it out later. :eek:

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Tried this last nite. Absolute nil chance of ever winning anything, guys on there getting every single question right almost instantly every time. Seems like you will be up against some serious pub quiz egg heads !! Def room to cheat aswell IMO if you have someone with you who can touch type pretty quick.

Yeah, quite a few very easy ones. You definitely need to know the answer before it appears to have any chance of doing well.

As you said, you need to be ready for the answer to come up. So no room to cheat imo. I can touch type and maybe you'd get them all correct doing it that way, but not getting instant answer bonus' at least.

erm dunno it just kept coming up saying won live arcade game or a point amount when they got it wrong

It comes up with that if you're in the crowd too, you'd know if you were in the mob. And you can only go in the mob once per show, and be the one only once in the whole beta.

im up for it :) just dont ask me what colour blue and green make :(

LOL

Couldn't believe how many people got that one wrong.