ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Servicing

Clio 172 sport
Hey guys, right my clio has done 45,000 now, its a phase 2 172, and its time to have my cambelt(timing belt) changed. Now my local garage are quoting me a reasonable price, £230 + the kit which i will supply. Is it worth me using the official renault prduct, or k-techs equivalent. Also, im debating whether or not to take the car to k-tech and let them do the timing belt as well as a service, any ideas?

RS 172+
I had mine done at K-Tec a couple of months ago and have had no issues with it. I wasn't aware they fitted their own kit... thought it was Renault OE?
My question to the local garage would be on the lines that have they done this before? ... and are they aware of the tools required? £230.00 sounds like 4-5 hrs labour only?

immaculate clio 172
yes sounds a little cheap to me matey im getting mine done on monday and cheapest price i can find is £399 plus vat total £460 thats parts and labour etc

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Well considering the parts are £200ish that labour is about right.

I wouldn't take mine anyhwere that does not have the tools or have not done them before.

immaculate clio 172
Well considering the parts are £200ish that labour is about right.

I wouldn't take mine anyhwere that does not have the tools or have not done them before.
get cheaper parts then ive been on phone to europarts who have quoted me £108 for the timing kit and aux belt with them available from 2 manufacturers one was gate's and the other was conti-tec aka continental both well known reputable makes ive used gates belts for years never had a problem its a 6 hour + job aswell

Lionel Richie
just make sure your local garage have the special renault tools, if they don't, get back in the car and put this on the CD player
[YOUTUBE]3ZlDZPYzfm4[/YOUTUBE]

Clio 172 sport
My local garage has done it before on mutliple other renaults and have the tools required. As mentioned, they are quoting me £230 for labour which is 5 hours and 20 mins and then im supplying the kit. K-tech included to my knowledge now offer their own cambelt bundle etc so im debating whether or not to buy that instead of the normal renault part, the price is about £25 difference.

Also this is the first service my car will have since ive bought it, anything to look out for?

Lionel Richie
i can supply you a Gates powergrip cambelt kit cheaper than k-tec

gates powergrip is 100% the same as a renault oe kit just doesn't have a renault diamond on the belt! (renault oe even says gates powergrip on the belt)

are you changing just the aux belt, or doing the full kit?