ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

servicing a 182 can be cheap,

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
182 cup was due a few parts, mate bro works for a large wholesaler that suppliers the trade and can get genuine parts (just not in reno boxes)

got airfilter/oil filer/cabin filter/aero wipers/oil

put in cabinfilter and air filter (the two easy ones)

and local garage will drop oil and put new oil and filter on for me

total, 85.00

anyone else have any other BARGAIN STORIES :)

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
My mechanic charged me £20 to do the oil for me and also spent the time going through in detail with me showing me how i can do it myself, that was very decent of him i thought

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Tbh a standard service is easy, once you know how to do it you might aswell do it yourself, im going to do my own every 6 month and get it done by a mechanic every year just so my book can be stamped aswell
My last on cost about £90 all in, £60 parts and £20 for my mechanic whos did it and talked me through it also...bargain

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I got 2 Hankooks v12's fitted/balanced, a pothole buckle knocked back in and tracking done for a grand total of £120 plus a round of butties the other week which I thought was a good bargain:approve:.

rs clio ph1 172
182 cup was due a few parts, mate bro works for a large wholesaler that suppliers the trade and can get genuine parts (just not in reno boxes)

got airfilter/oil filer/cabin filter/aero wipers/oil

put in cabinfilter and air filter (the two easy ones)

and local garage will drop oil and put new oil and filter on for me

total, 85.00

anyone else have any other BARGAIN STORIES :)
This is a basic service mate.
a proper service will also remove wheels and check and clean brakes allround,
check tyre conditions, check and adjust pressures
check the coolant is right by means of a test
check battery
check exhaust system
check suspension components, joints, bushes.
also greese certain areas
plug on diagnostic machine and clear codes on ecu if any.
This is what i have done when my car is 'fully serviced'
+ the most important the service book stamped and a reciept proving the work.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
That sounds more like a mot.i gaurantee a grage would not do all of the above when someone is booked in for a service...
Anyway, i took the thread as though the op meant small service, like filters and oil only and agree it can be very cheap

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
^^ i agree with austin :)

lol most garages will do the min including renault. specialsts are better if only nw performance were more local.

but a mini service is easy :)

^ most of what was mentioned above is basic stuff if you care for your car you would look at anyway!!!

ITB'd MK1
check battery
check exhaust system

I do all of that except for removing the wheels and cleaning the brakes (thats not a standard thing) as part of a 12k service

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
^^ i would agree, but changing a few filters (air and cabin) and wipers is hardly technical - and can save a tank of fuels worth of money pr more

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Only reason to pay someone to do a basic service is if the car is relatively new and you want to preserve the service history.

check battery
check exhaust system

Not necessary on this car mate, it gets resprayed every other Sunday!

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
ive missed you alex :eek:

married with child on way, clio doesnt get as much love as it did

(every other week it gets a wipe under there) ;)

clio 182
That sounds more like a mot.i gaurantee a grage would not do all of the above when someone is booked in for a service...
Anyway, i took the thread as though the op meant small service, like filters and oil only and agree it can be very cheap

erm i gurante if u let a gd garage do it then they would do that as thats what i do for a service...............................

and erm £50 quid inc plugs and all filters and fully synthetic engine oil ..............for obvious reasons :)

Last edited:
  Clio 172 cup
its all about who you no isnt it, its high running costs that put people off buying cars like clio sports but they aint to expensive to run, except petrol :/

if you no a mechanic or your good with cars (which im not, but i no alot about them) then its going to be even cheaper, i got the cup fully serviced and book stamped, mot'd, driveshaft replaced and rear calipers and discs all taken off and sorted out and put back on for 155 quid.

Dont think thats a bad price but i dont really no the mechanic as a close friend its a family friend so if it was a close friend should be even cheaper lol.

rs clio ph1 172
I do all of that except for removing the wheels and cleaning the brakes (thats not a standard thing) as part of a 12k service
this is pretty much what every garage should be doing on a full service including plugs and all filters.
If you do all the above then i would say your doing a 100% SPOT ON JOB MATE!

rs clio ph1 172
Genuine oil filter £4
Elf 5w40 £15

Total service cost £19 boom lol

Mate a 'service' isn't an oil and filter change, thats known as an oil change or oil service, which should be done only in between services if you wish too but should not replace annual or schedualed service as part like air filter that requires replacing will be over looked, how will you know if your brake pads are ok? if your springs aren't broken? any bushes worn?
when was the last time you actually had a full service?
my last service, i even had new coolant, new brake fluid and new belts just so i know that the car is 100%.
scrimping on servicing is the 1 biggest major factor for common car problems that would have been picked up on a service.

Storm grey 200
^^ i agree with austin :)

lol most garages will do the min including renault. specialsts are better if only nw performance were more local.

but a mini service is easy :)

^ most of what was mentioned above is basic stuff if you care for your car you would look at anyway!!!

I would disagree. I work for Renault and EVERY service has all of that done. Even our on our minor services we have to remove wheels and measure discs and pads

Last edited:
  Hero Spec Nimbus 200
Mate a 'service' isn't an oil and filter change, thats known as an oil change or oil service, which should be done only in between services if you wish too but should not replace annual or schedualed service as part like air filter that requires replacing will be over looked, how will you know if your brake pads are ok? if your springs aren't broken? any bushes worn?
when was the last time you actually had a full service?
my last service, i even had new coolant, new brake fluid and new belts just so i know that the car is 100%.
scrimping on servicing is the 1 biggest major factor for common car problems that would have been picked up on a service.

simb06
  • profile.png
    View Profile
  • forum.png
    View Forum Posts
  • message.png
    Private Message
  • article.png
    View Articles
user-online.png

ClioSport Club Member
Join DateFeb 2007
LocationLeamington Spa. Tech at Renault
Posts128
CarYozza'd 182 FF.

Highlighted in RED, this is all.

Services are a load of bollox if you ask me, THE MAJORITY (but not all garages) just do the bare minimum like change the oil, filters and sparks and do no mechanical checks whatsoever. Funnily enough when you take your car for an MOT they have to check stuff because their garage's right to trade is on the line if the car is found to be unroadworthy after a pass so that's why they come back to you telling you what is wrong and all the little things. In summary if your wanting to find out everything thats wrong with the car at a service your probably better off getting an MOT just to find out the problems lol.

Storm grey 200
A lot of you must have had really bad experiences with garages...We're all enthusiasts where I work and we service cars exactly to the Renault service sheet. It annoys me that Renault has such a poor reputation on here.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Why are people mentioning plugs? They are due at 72k and are not age dependent if you follow the Renault service guide. Mine are still original ones.

Also I'd pay mote for one not serviced by Renault lol.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Which probably isn't worth it with ph2 1*2's, having bought one recently there's no difference in price between ones with full service history or full renault service history.

Its wide open to debate, f**k Renault personally, a 1*2 with FRSH would probably put me off.

Might aswell tell potential buyers a 4 year old done the servicing.

Hero Spec Nimbus 200
Its wide open to debate, f**k Renault personally, a 1*2 with FRSH would probably put me off.

Yeah when i service a car i usually fill the service sheet in with a red crayon!

Don't tar all renault dealers with the same brush!

Storm grey 200

That's your opinion. Your average Joe would see having a Renault FSH as a positive.

Storm grey 200
Yeah when i service a car i usually fill the service sheet in with a red crayon!

Don't tar all renault dealers with the same brush!

Don't lie....I have to fill your service sheet out for you...with a crayon of course

Last edited:
That's your opinion. Your average Joe would see having a Renault FSH as a positive.

Anyone with a brain would realise the person who spent all that money getting it serviced at renault has 1.) deep pockets and 2.) wants the car to hold value and puts trust in a dealer (scary). Dealerships have a bad reputation with all brands not just renault, it's just a general trend that dealerships charge more for things other people do just as well if not better.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Anyone selling a car on here can expect a fellow "enthusiast" to be buying, the potential purchaser either already knows the drill with Renault (Incompentent) and can expect an FSH elsewhere, why the sudden praise for Renault?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
My cars never been serviced by Renault, and all but the first service done at Birchdown. Bet most people would prefer that over a FRSH on here?