ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

service parts help

anything
im gona get my ph1 172 serviced its got 69k last service at 65k , timing belt recently changed so this isnt in question

am i best using genuine renault products ie oil filter g,box oil etc .. has anyone used better ?

recomendations please

1. oil
2. filter
3. g,box oil
4. anything else anyone can think of

many thanks in advance peeps

2001 1.2 Clio
I would change;
spark plugs
air filter
oil filter + oil
gearbox oil
brake fluid or change this when changing pads next time.

CLIO RS CUP
I changed leads, plugs, oil, oil filter brake fluid. Filter was cleaned as it's serviceable.

Oil and filters are uber cheap with discount through wests on here. Plugs off eBay. 32£ delivered for all 4.

I checked my gear box oil and it was filled and healthy so didn't bother changing it. I wouldn't use Renault for plug as they wanted 18 each!! The leads weren't cheap either but mine were cattle trucked

Black 182 FF
what type of oil tho ? 5-30 helix or has anyone used better like millers castrol etc

5-40 fully synthetic is what most use (though this depends what part of the world you're from. As for brand - many get the Silkolene/Fuchs Titan off Opie oils or the Motul, some the Elf stuff from Renault and some use any 5-40 fully synthetic (i.e. Halfords) and just change it more regularly.

CLIO RS CUP
*on a similar note - does anyone know how much the Elf 5-40 is from Renault?

With your discount on here from the cambridge Wests Renault it should be 28 quid. Cheaper than Halfords and very highly recommended.............. by ME lol

anything
5-40 fully synthetic is what most use (though this depends what part of the world you're from. As for brand - many get the Silkolene/Fuchs Titan off Opie oils or the Motul, some the Elf stuff from Renault and some use any 5-40 fully synthetic (i.e. Halfords) and just change it more regularly.

how many litres would i need ? .. and can anyone recomend gearbox oil please

2004 182FF
Capacity IIRC is 5.1 litres, so get a 5l and a 1l to top up and carry around with you.

Opie do the two together for a set price.

And gearbox is 3 litres I think.

Black 182 FF
With your discount on here from the cambridge Wests Renault it should be 28 quid. Cheaper than Halfords and very highly recommended.............. by ME lol

Hmm, I'd need it delivering up north though, however I do know the girl who works on the service reception at Evans Halshaw in Gilesgate (near me - just hope she still works there) and she told me to ask her for stuff next time I needed anything....so I guess I'd be getting it for a similar price.

ITB'd MK1
No, I have faith in the standards ratings TBH. If an oil meets a standard then it's as good as any other of that same standard.

Some of the very top line oils excede the requirements (like royal purple) but they're not really necessary in road car most of the time