ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Service interval length on 1.2 16v?

I've got a 52 plate 1.2 16v Extreme and it was last serviced at Renault in October/November 2005 and I assume it has a service indicator on the dash to let you know when it's due another but it's not displayed yet after 2 years - is that normal?

Also, when it comes on to say it requires servicing, I assume it won't go off after a while if it's ignored? (ie it can't be be missed).

RB 200 Cup!
iirc sSERV light has nothign to do with servicing
service interval is every 2 years or 18k miles

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
iirc sSERV light has nothign to do with servicing
service interval is every 2 years or 18k miles

im pretty sure its every year or 18k miles...thats what my service book says anyway. just had my first one done after a year.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I remember booking my 172 in at telford for a service and they said ok.After discussions on here i knew there was some confusion between 12+18k services.So i took the car in and they said weve made a mistake yours is 18k,i said no its not and he said yes it is.

This went on for a good 5 mins and eventually the manager came out and agreed with me and my service book and gave the noob a bollocking.I found it funny at the time but it could of wrecked my warranty.

After that i never went back and used wolverhampton renault instead

I've got a 52 plate 1.2 16v Extreme and it was last serviced at Renault in October/November 2005 and I assume it has a service indicator on the dash to let you know when it's due another but it's not displayed yet after 2 years - is that normal?

Also, when it comes on to say it requires servicing, I assume it won't go off after a while if it's ignored? (ie it can't be be missed).

Being as you've no warently at all what the service intervals that Renault said for normal cars ie ever 18k/2 years is unimportant IMO servive ever 6k change the oil and every 6 month IMO.
The Renault rules for serviceing your car to protect its now none existant warenty are
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=107876