ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Server Monitoring

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
I use nagios.

Monitors Server status, Services, Disk usage/free space, CPU Load etc.

if there is a problem it sends me a txt message :)

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I use nagios.

yeah we use that too. We also have smoke, temp, humidity, ping and movement sensors. Quite annoying when it starts texting you at 4am though.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I use nagios.

yeah we use that too. We also have smoke, temp, humidity, ping and movement sensors. Quite annoying when it starts texting you at 4am though.

That's the one thing we're missing at the moment is environment monitoring stuff, after some AC failures over the past few months they need something in badly!

Cacti rocks for monitoring network devices.

Mainly Windows servers? http://www.microsoft.com/systemcenter/operationsmanager/en/us/default.aspx

Yes mainly windows servers, ill have a look at this and the others mentioned. Regarding Cacti, we have it installed on a win2k server under IIS and it monitors win2k servers fine (only disk space and memory) however it doesnt monitor the win2k3 server, just says unknown device :S

Also some random missing bits from graphs where the poller doesnt seem to update.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
I use nagios.

Its easy to set up different methods of notification depending on the time of day... you can also set up event severity eg. not be notified of smaller failures until 8am or whenever.

Very flexible bit of software.

A4 Avant & A3
we use MOM on our servers which has always been fine. & just setting up CiscoWorks for the network.

Also have BTI room monitoring in our main server rooms, you can buy whatever sensors you need, we got door sensors, AC sensors so get alerts for those kinds of things.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Daz's link is the latest iteration of MOM isn't it? Rebranded System Centre Operations Manager now I think along with all the other stuff (i.e. SMS now System Centre Config Manager).

SLK 350
it is indeed Chris, didn't click the link but Ops Manager/MOM is the ticket. Hate all this rebranding b****cks!

Clio 172 Mk2
hoff do you know of any server monitoring software that will automatically log the free disk space of servers in a spreadsheet or something for you?

SLK 350
You can produce reports in Ops Manager to be exported in CSV format which is Excel friendly.

We get daily reports from MOM and Whats Up to email which detail storage usage, along with a live view on a 47" plasma above us.