ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Serv light and abs light still on after fitting resistors

BG182 Track car
Hi all , followed a guide on here as my clio is a track car and has buckets fitted so no airbags, i fired the m3r3 3.3 ohm resistors to the correct places in the black and grey plugs, started the car up and the serv light and abs light went out but only to come back on after about 5 seconds , any ideas

Clio 172 (CUP)
^^ as sburrell93 says. Just been through this myself, I found it to be a break in the actual wiring in the steering squib - so you might have to trace it or get it connected to a diagnostics system to help identify the location of the fault. Make sure you've doubled the resistor legs that you are inserting into the seat connectors to ensure a good contact.

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Well we put his car on the rs tuner deleted all codes but this kept coming on all seat codes deleted

2014-01-26%2021.54.27_zpszmlwqzd9.jpg

anyone?

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Oh right, so you have the module?
Yeah i remember me having a problem doing it aswell with one of them but persevered and got it in the end. Sorry i cant be much help!

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeh ive got it on mine ash came down so I put it on but would not allow me to move that not plausable one all the underseat ones went straight away but dont understand that fault

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If it's had a crash in the past and the crash codes are stored in the ECU, I don't think RS tuner (or clip!) can clear them.

BG182 Track car
Seems weird im 100% its not had a knock as all was fine an no air bag lights etc until i turned the passanger air bag off with they key, this then put the airbag light on but it was the fault light not the air bag switched off light, and i had no serv light, then when i took all seats out etc i had the serv light on

if i turn the switch to airbag on i get fault light and serv, if i turn car off then switch it to off and turn car on again i get the correct air bag off light but then 2 seconds after it goes out an the serv an airbag fault lift are back on :( pretty annoying

Seems weird im 100% its not had a knock as all was fine an no air bag lights etc until i turned the passanger air bag off with they key, this then put the airbag light on but it was the fault light not the air bag switched off light, and i had no serv light, then when i took all seats out etc i had the serv light on

if i turn the switch to airbag on i get fault light and serv, if i turn car off then switch it to off and turn car on again i get the correct air bag off light but then 2 seconds after it goes out an the serv an airbag fault lift are back on :( pretty annoying

Having the same issue here, resistors are fitted and it clears the lights but then a few seconds after they re-appear.

Anything I can do?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
If they've been done on Clip Ash then you either have the overall configuration wrong OR there has been a knock which has triggered one of the many lines to fire.

Mick