ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SERV and Airbag light illuminated

02 Clio Sport 172 Full Fa
Hi

I just thought I'd post this incase the answer wasnt obvious

I have the above two lights appear on my display intermitently. Its only because theyre not on constantly that I have not assumed it needs a service... besides the place I bought it from claim to have serviced it.. because they were not a Renault dealer i'm just not sure if any work they carried out was perhaps ignored by the ECU because they did not have Renault software?

CLS, RS MEG
Try sliding the passenger seat backwards and forwards, it'll be lose wires under the seat connecting the side airbags

OK thats worth knowing thanks, I do tend to have that seat back and forth alot for when we go shopping or take passengers though so is there a more permanent fix? Obviously Im not against tackling the job myself, if I know which wires to look out for

CLS, RS MEG
"The SERV and AIRBAG lights come on its a common problem (almost every has it) its due to the wiring of the pretensioners going to an open circuit. Fiddle with the wires under the seat an the problem will go away.
On the early cars the solution is to look under each of the seats. You will see a grey connector.
On the passenger side disconnect it and cut the Blue and Brown wires off both sides. Then solder the Blue wire to blue, and the Brown to the other brown. Make sure you use insulating sleeves over the soldered connections..
Under the driver seat there are two pairs of wires in the grey connector.. Only cut the Blue and Brown wires and solder them together as above.. Reconnect the connector..
"""""On the facelift cars it is ONLY the passenger side connector that is affected.. So again cut and solder the Blue and brown wires"""" <<- that will apply to you!

More info on this thread: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=212486&highlight=serv+airbag+fix

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I had this last week randomly, took the plug apart and put it back together, fixed! Was on the drivers side though not passengers.

OK cool thanks, I didnt get a manual with the car so all a bit confusing when things like that happen is all

BMW M135i
Don't go chopping the connectors off straight away, have a fiddle and see where it gets you first.

OK thats worth knowing thanks, I do tend to have that seat back and forth alot for when we go shopping or take passengers though so is there a more permanent fix? Obviously Im not against tackling the job myself, if I know which wires to look out for

I don't have back seat passengers very often, but when I do it is almost guaranteed to cause this problem :mad: Fortunately it is relatively easy to fix by reaching under and waggling the wires, so I'm not too worried about a permanent fix.

I imagine it would be quite easy to fix. Theres only a couple of wires under there.

I'll give it a whirl, if the problem is caused by just accelerating, braking and turning, it must be pretty loose