ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Serv & Airbag lights (what underseat wires do i cut)

Trophy 459
Have tried to read through as many post as i could and it seams on a 2003 CUP only the blue and brown wires under the passanger need to be cut and soilder together.

Well on my cup under the passanger seat is a orange and brown wire.

The drivers seat has a blue,brown,pink,gray and another blue and brown
1 set of blue & brown have been cut so dont know where they should have gone,on the other end of the block connector is a pink,gray,brown and 2 orange wires.

Please can someone help me get these lights off.

Regards,

Robert.

Golf GTD Mk7
the black wire is earth, the brown and other colour is the current ones. why are yours cut anyway?

CLIO PH1 172
had the same thing i just cleaned all the connections between the wires and its been fine both lights are off, i dont think u will need to cut/solder anything??

Trophy 459
Where should the blue and brown wires go someone has cut them so might go off if i can rejoin them must go somewhere under the seat.

Golf GTD Mk7
do the cup seats have airbags? If not, it could be the pretensioner wires, or it could be the switch wire on the handbrake side runner. Hard to say without seeing it. Renault didn't use the same wires for all cars. stupid I know.

Trophy 459
Handbrake light works ok and the wires are there for the seatbelts,cups dont have side airbags so not for that is in with the loom part of the connector.

Golf GTD Mk7
hmmm, it's not the hand brake light i'm refering to. There is a switch on the handbrake side runner of the seat. If you look at it, just in front of the buckle clip in thingy :S (under the plastic cover) there is a little square shaped black chip thing with two wires running from it (blue and black i think). The only other ones you'll have if it's not got airbags is the pretensioner ones. But these should be attached to a plastic plug which attaches to the wiring that comes from the buckle thingy and goes under the floor to the loom.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
cut the grey plug out with the yellow tag and then re join all the wires

"Navy" N17 TWO
Don't cut the wrong wire - BOOM!

My dci used to fire these lights up all the time -and Dad's dci did the same thing last week.

Put your hands down between your legs and give the wire a jiggle - always sorted it.
PS - the wire under the seat! ;)