ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Serv - ABS & Traction light on...

Alfa GT Cloverleaf
Since fitting my sparco steering wheel, the above lights have illuminated :S
Anyone got any ideas?
Is it just a coincidence that they came on when i fitted the steering wheel?

Cheers,
Chris

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Connection on the steering angle sensor, or the sensor itself.

I had the same problem but it was a faulty ABS sensor.

Classic mini P 996
I have this also since fitting my aftermarket steering wheel although im yet to fit resistors i didnt expect traction and abs lights to stay on inc serv light but i am due a service and was coming on every now and then.

I have read that its due to the steering angle sensor being moved when fitting the wheel, i know i was playing around with it as i thought it was meant to come out!! so iv probably done something wrong.

J

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Over a week ago I replaced all discs and pads.

On the way to work this morning, I had all three lights come on

Tc light
Abs light
Serb light

Haven't changed my steering wheel though :/

Mine is the same, had he gear box changed and since then these lights have been on, the fault code comes up as the steering angle sensor but I refuse to believe it is that if the wheel hasn't even been off ?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Did you check the live data to see what, if anything, the SAS was reporting? Codes aren't always black and white and it could be a connection fault rather than the sensor itself.

Mick

The fault code was looked at by a garage I took it to, he gave me a print out but can't find it anywhere! I have an obd2 reader and tried a couple of decent pieces of software. it reads the car and details of it but doesn't come up with any fault codes which is strange.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
That's not strange to hear at all mate and most likely because the equipment they used was not capable of interfacing with all of the Clios systems (or anything that isn't mode7 compliant).

More for your info really:
http://www.diamondmotors.net/diamond-motors-welcome/diagnostics

What you need are proper diagnostics by someone that knows what they're looking at rather than some numpty with a Snap-On that can't even do the basics right. Now I'm not anti Snap-On or against people using them (or other items of generic kit) but what I do hate is the confusion caused by Jack of all trade garages thinking they can do everything quickly without the faintest idea what the electrical infrastructure is or what it does then charging folks £60 for "diagnostics". We call what your garage did "code reading" and 4 out of 10 times they may get lucky with an H02 or CTS fault but the remaining 60% of the time they'll most likely get the customers car back or waste the customers money due to miss-diagnosis.

I appreciate that the warning lights are annoying but what you should also appreciate is that the SAS is a very important piece of equipment on your car as it is one of the main input devices used to govern how the ESP program interprets what you want the car to do in an emergency situation (which in turn helps the ESP program to make the car do just that). It's a safety program that if setup incorrectly could cost someone their insurance excess or in extreme situations their life! Airbags are the same... Disrespect these systems and it'll ruin your wallet, the customers car and your day which is why the manufacturers don't want these idiots touching things... Rant over now.

Mick