ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

seriously pissed off with £720 laptop!

535d / t5 caravelle
why is it so slow and s**t??????????????????

nothing will download, photo's take forever to upload, i bought this so i could get rid of my 10 year old s**t pc, now i dont which is worse!

when a page loads up it say internet explorer cannot display this page, but it is actually displaying the page, but it says this in the background, 9 if this makes sense? )

like this.....................................if it works!

http://s254.photobucket.com/albums/hh109/andyholt111/

what the f**k is up with my laptop, is it the connection, have i a virus?

535d / t5 caravelle
could it be anything to do with my firewall? think its windows firewall, as you can see i'm not exactley clued into all this

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
well the fact that all of your problems are internet related would certainly suggest to me that the 720£ laptop you have infront of you and its the 15 quid a month or whatever you pay for your internet. Maybe worth looking into that rather than the hardware...

535d / t5 caravelle
yeah, i'm sure the laptop is fine, but as you can imagine its really getting on my tits, cant even send a f**king email! so its likely to be a server problem? i'm with virgin btw, is there any way of checking this?

535d / t5 caravelle
but would that effect things such as attaching files/photos to an email?

Astra coupe
virgin lately have been dropping the network speeds. My mate across the road should be on the same as me yet he's getting less than 1mb.....and i'm on just over 2

dk

911 GTS Cab
if you have the windows firewall on then i would try turning that off first.

My brother was complaining about his internet being slow, i tried it and it was, i turned off the windows firewall and it was like going form 56k to 10mb broadband!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
yeah defo then cos it has to upload them to hotmail brfore they can be sent.

535d / t5 caravelle
ok, done test and the resukts are

1962kbps download speed and 121 kbps upload speed, doesn't really mean anything to me though?

does this help?

D

dick

get aol.

they give you a free ps3 aswell.

edit.. to save post count 4 the day... of course i am

Last edited by a moderator: