ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seriously annoyed at my koni rears!

FRS
Right i purchased these for £125 having only done a supposed 3,000 miles since november 2012 til present, i had these fitted and now only one is clunking over light bumps around town, it seems to deal better with bigger bumps,

now after fitting which was simple, i double checked a guide, and the only difference is we have a metal washer on top of the rubber in the boot, to stop the nut tightening directly on to the rubber mount

2db79c38df063203641dd9236f5d0eda_zpsc845adf4.jpg

thats the picture off the guide but theres no washer on top? Any ideas? I would have thought if i have done both sides wrong both would knock but its only the one?

​any help appreciated.

FRS
Yeah so we have done it correct, i thought there was only one reason behind it, ive got a fucked shock!

FRS
The only thing i could think of is i never jacked the damper in through the hole i just pushed it up by hand, there is 13mm of thread up through the top, i'm lost.

Where are the dust covers? You use them off the standard shock.

Is the said damper set to super hard? Have you adjusted them?

Golf Gti edition 30
yeah u need to use the old dust cover !

also i found my konis were really crashy over bumps.was driving me insane.took me a while to figure out it was the top bolts in the boot were too tight.i loosened them so the bolt in on with no thread showing above them and it cured it.

hope this helps.....steve

Yes. It comes off with the plastic bit below it, they're all attatched.

You need to follow the instruction sheed I posted exactly.

FRS
Thats fine, i'm being overcautious as i've been playing about with these now for four days as of tomorrow lol.