ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Serious Problem - Wobbly wheels?

Trophy #387
Basically, I made a thread the other day saying that i've sheared a bolt on my alloy (right rear)... I didn't know what caused this or what effects this has, but I think i've found out today.

I was driving me and my mate to the station and my Dad was going to drive it back, on the way I noticed the steering wheel was shaking quite a lot which was unusual, it's usually smooth, even though my car is lowered... I've been out all day and got back and my Dad's left a note saying not to drive the car because on the way home he had several people flash him on the way home and one of them pulled up in the service station and told him his right rear wheel was wobbling like mad... Someone followed him home as well and confronted him saying both rear wheels are wobbling all over the place.

Now, i'm guessing this is a serious issue and I have no idea what could have caused this, and how much it'll cost to fix, but it sounds bad. My Dad phoned his mate who is a mechanic and he said that if i've smashed a pothole I could have knackered the rear axel or something like that.

Has this happened to anyone? Is what i've said quite likely or what could have caused it? And most importantly how much will this cost to fix?

Thanks, Jonny