ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Serious problem needs help

renaultsport 182
i have a 2003 1.2 16v mk1 ph2 clio and recently it has been giving me starting problems, it fails to fire up on some occasions,, it only has 35,000 on the clock and had a full service 11,000 miles ago, so could it be plugs, coil pack and ht leads, i am really bemused by what it might be and have heard that you guys know your stuff when it comes to clios,,,,

renaultsport 182
to be really honest i can't afford garage costs at the moment, i could change the bits myself with haynes manual help i just need to know whats it likely to be????

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
tdc sensor, idle control valve, plugs, coil pack.

u said it all youreslf.. sart of by cleaning the idle control valve i'd say! or change the plugs.

Try a set of new plug with correct gap. For myself, 35,000 miles is too much. You should change asap. Also clean the throttle by the spray throttle cleaner, I do that every 3 months. It's better to do that after driving, plus it is hard to start the car right after you use the cleaner. But you need to accelerate a bit to remove the dirt.

TDC sensor most lilly does the imobiliser light go off on the dash though.

Spark plugs should be good for way more than 11k though.

renaultsport 182
an update on this problem... the engine now wont even start although it does turn over but wont start.. also the orange engine light comes up on the dash,, can faulty ht leads and coil pack make this light come on or is it just the ECU fault????

Breaking A 172 Replica
How sure are you the immoboliser goes off every time?

Try turning the ignition on and fiddling with the fuse and relays on the right hand side. Thats the problem with mine.

Sam

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
done mine on my K4m myself takes about an hour.. i cleaned all the other bits while i was at it too!

my mates went funny all of a sudden and we changed his spark plugs
which cos £8.50 and a spark plug removal tool for £3.50. and the car is running cool now.. 5 min job

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
take it to renault, pay for the diagnostic!.. if the light is on it could be new ECU time!

if you dont get it fixed it could do more damage!

renaultsport 182
hi guys another update.. the car is as normal now all by its self its really bugging me cos its acting all normal now with no warning lights or anything. i really need help with this. does anyone have a list of the components that can actually activate the orange warning light???????

Mk2 ph1 clio
you'll never stop listing components that turn the lighto n in a renault.

Pay the £90 or.. see a local garage that do disgnostics they will be cheaper.

t3 corolla 116bhp
hi there

i dont know if thi is available in th emainland uk, but in northern ireland, there is a renault dealership that offers renault owners whose cars are 3yr old or more, a reduced price service package. not only that, they offer free 6 monthly checks, free mot checks and A FREE DIAGNOSTIC. i dont know if i can supply the web address under forum rules but if there's somethin like that in NI ther has to be somethin in the UK. maybe the dealer would know if any uk renault franchises offer this too?