ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

serious hub problem

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
hi guys, need help pretty urgently!

basically on friday i went to paint my brake calipers and noticed on the front left wheel the bolts were loose, dint think much of it and carried on painting the caliper.

so then when i went ot put the wheel back on i noticed that 3 of the bolts wouldnt go back on!they tightened hand tight then loosened themselves, i noticed the thread on the tips were sheared(flattened). so i went to reno and bought new bolts, put them in and still same problem, they turn but dont tighten and come out sheared!

i got the holes re-threaded with the brake disc still on, but i still have the problem!i have ordered a new hub but really dont want to replace the whole thing as i'll need to get the geometery set up again and cant afford to do so. what do you guys recommend??

M2 Competition
Longer wheel bolts? The type you use when you have spacers fitted. Should dig into the good thread further into teh hub.

hey mate thanks 4 that, i tried using my lock nut which is longer but that sheared off too :(

Mondeo TDCI 130
no real way around it mate, you need the new flange (bolt up bit), or a secondhand one! need a bearing if you have a second hand one etc!

CB600FS
You don't need to get the tracking/geometry setup again if you change the hub, forget tapping the threads, longer bolts and whatever else, just get a new hub, do you want a wheel to fall off at 100mph+ ??

transit van, ph2 172
dont mess with it its too dangeruos mate fraid you will have to fit the hub flange and sort the tracking out when you can aford it, safer that way, and i dout it would alter much any way pal,

i think they do go on just about with the wheel off mate, ive got a second hand hub coming in the post today,but im guessing the camber bolt will need to come off to fit the new plate?