ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sequential shift light

Twingo 133,172 Racer
Looking at the omex sequential shift light to install on a phase 2 172. Read thought the installation guide but where do I find the coil negative wire. Done a search couldn't find a concise answer. Any other experiences of fitting these?

172 Race Car
To answer your original question, unplug coil. Coil will have 3 pins/wires. use a multi meter to find the 12v live wire. The coil negative is the other 2 wires. You only use 1 of them. as its a wasted spark coil its effectively 2 coils in one pack. you use 1 switch wire and sometimes have to set the shift light to 2cylinder engine to get it to read properly.

Honestly mte its p1ss easy to wire up. Fitted one for someone in the paddock at Brands Hatch in about 20mins

Twingo 133,172 Racer
That looks good. Cheaper Than the omex too. By reading the install guide that either goes to the coil or the rev counter signal this is where I'm struggling, finding the correct place for them. Im guessing using the rev counter would be easier and just connect to a certain wire on the plug?

Twingo 133,172 Racer
Sweet will get it ordered. Thanks. Great video by the way! Was racing at oulton a few weeks back. First time there and loved it!

Twingo 133,172 Racer
Just got chance to connect it all up. Got the earth on to the bulkhead. Positive on to the orange wire which is showing me a 12v, the only one of the 3 that does. And the other on the coil negative. No lights? I'm confused! Must be something simple which I'm missing!

Twingo 133,172 Racer
Yeah seems good. Had the meter on it to test. Just thinking does the 12v have to be on a permanent live? The one on the coil is not always live is it?

172 Race Car
You wired it off the coil?

From the website............

[FONT=arial,helvetica]connect the red wire to a positive supply, blue wire to ground and the green wire to the coil negative terminal.[/FONT]

Twingo 133,172 Racer
Ah ive got the positive off the coil, ill wire it up to my switch panel etc for the live thats the problem i reckon. Doh!