ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sensors help

Clio 200 Turbo
This is the first time ive owned a Renault so please bare with me lol

hi all i need to take the throtle boody of my 172 p1 as its suffring from high idle when warm, some one told me not to unplug any sensors as you will have to have the ecu re maped , programed , is this true or false ?

thanks in advance

172 Cup & Clio dci Van
as long as the engine is OFF you can remove swap over whatever sensors you like.

You might have to have your engine managent light turned off if you removed sensors whilst the car is on / if something go's whilst driving, rather than the ecu remapped lol

Might be worth disconnecting the battery before hand too...(if you are feeling extra cautious) but you def wont need a remap

Clio 200 Turbo
as long as the engine is OFF you can remove swap over whatever sensors you like.

You might have to have your engine managent light turned off if you removed sensors whilst the car is on / if something go's whilst driving, rather than the ecu remapped lol

Might be worth disconnecting the battery before hand too...(if you are feeling extra cautious) but you def wont need a remap

thanks dave for the quick replay ill take the throttle body off tonight and give it a good old scrub

thanks again