ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sensor on inlet plenum

Betty Big Bum R26
Whilst changing the plugs on my 182 today I noticed a sensor/plug on the passenger side of the inlet plenum. There is a wire with a plug near by it which looks like it obviously is meant to be plugged in there. I was puzzled as to why this was unplugged but on closer inspection noticed a resistor has been placed in the plug (on the wire side not on the plenum side).

Can anyone enlighten me as to what this is/for, I'm preuming some sort of air flow sensor but why might it have a resistor in and be unplugged???

Thanks

Betty Big Bum R26
I was thinking maybe its thrown on a light and thats why they've done it.

Doesnt seem to affect the running of the car though :S

ITB'd MK1
what you've found is the infamous ebay "chip"

It frigs the signl to the ecu, and just causes overfueling. remove the resistor and plug in the sensor and you should get better economy and gain some performance back

Betty Big Bum R26
Its coming out today then if it could possibly be that, will see if it is or just faulty I suppose.
Thanks

Betty Big Bum R26
The things people will bodge up is unreal lol

I know lol nice to know the previous owner knew what he was doing with the car :dapprove:

Anyway, I've taken it out today and the car is running really lumpy on idle. I'm gonna price up a new sensor tomorrow.

Clio 182 CUP In Silver
take it for a good run, and let it get upto temp as if its a a resistor thats been fooling the ecu, it will have to re-learn the settings for that sensor, may take a complete drive cycle for this to happen.

Betty Big Bum R26
I wouldnt say its running any better, not noticed any better fuel economy or anything, its just spluttering on idle. I've taken it for a good run this evening to the trafford centre and back and still no better, will see how it goes.
Thanks for all the help guys.