ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sennheisser Headphones

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
After suffering the torture of the standard ipod earphones for a return trip to New York and a Return trip to Washington, I decided to buy some headphones today. I had a budget of £100 and wanted ear bud style ones not the over the head style.

I tried a few shops and listened to a fair few, Including some £90 Bose ones.

In the end, I bought some Sennheisser CX400's for £50. They are absolutely awesome, And to me were better and clearer than the Bose.

Anyone else got a pair of these?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Sennheiser are fantastic.

I have the CX500s in-ear type (I think i avoided the 400s as they have a really short lead?) and they are awesome.

Also have the HD595 for when not in public haha. Reference quality open/over head bad boys... Awesome 'phones.

Polo + Micra
i've got the cx 400's and they are a nice piece of kit

Sennheiser are fantastic.

I have the CX500s in-ear type (I think i avoided the 400s as they have a really short lead?) and they are awesome.

Also have the HD595 for when not in public haha. Reference quality open/over head bad boys... Awesome 'phones.

yeah they come with a short lead to use with phones and stuff that have a remote control lead and also come with an extension piece

In between cars....
Ive got a set of the PMX 80 Sport 2's

Theyre great for running and the gym, stick in and forget about them

Had the same problem as you, was sick of the earbuds falling out

Golf GTI 1.8T
I use CX500's (I like the volume control), I'm on my 2nd set now as one failed. It's hard to find real one in the UK though, theres so many fake ones out there, I wouldn't pay under £30 for them off any website, even play and amazon, the 3rd party companies are selling fakes.

They are so great for travelling though, I can put them in and completely switch off and forget I'm on a plane or train.

Cupra
Ive got a set of the PMX 80 Sport 2's

Theyre great for running and the gym, stick in and forget about them

Had the same problem as you, was sick of the earbuds falling out

How do you find the sound on them? Mine have zero bass. They stay in your ear well though.

In between cars....
How do you find the sound on them? Mine have zero bass. They stay in your ear well though.

They do lack bass tbh, i was going to have a play with the equilizer on the ipod to see if i could do anything

Thought they were a bit tinny initially but theyre ok, beats having earphones that dont stay in for more than 30 seconds

Prong

ClioSport Club Member
I have a set of Cx300's for the ipod and HD485's for when at home.

Both quality bits of kit.

Cupra
They do lack bass tbh, i was going to have a play with the equilizer on the ipod to see if i could do anything

Thought they were a bit tinny initially but theyre ok, beats having earphones that dont stay in for more than 30 seconds

Yep, I can live with the sound but running and constantly sticking earphones back in drives me nuts. I can go out cycling or jogging and not have to touch these once.

You know they are not great when the standard iPhone earphones sound better than the replacements though.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
CX500s are 400s with volume control I believe? Mine are quite bassy too :) Only got them for the gym, They stay in your earswhen your lieing on the bench which is cool.

I'm 5 7 so the lead is long enough for me :p I could use it for skipping :D

WHY so cheap on Play. Surely thats not right? Its from a 3rd party seller not play them selves?

I tried the Bose and was a bit dissapointed

Track 172cup
just bought a pair of the CX500's from play, would be rude not 2 at least give them a bash at that price !

was looking at getting the CX300's before but hopefully these will be better