ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sending a gearbox

ph2 clio sport 172
Hi guys, my gearbox died a few weeks back, iv sourced another one and wanting to send to Agency Transmission before re fitting. Never sent anything that size do I just need to wrap In bubble wrap and cardboard or is it best to strap to a pallet.

I would do as above with bits of wood or better still knock up a small pallet sick it on bell house down the strap it on and cover with a box

ph2 clio sport 172
It's about a 1hour 40min drive each way , would rather drive down to be honest hate waiting for couriers.

330i. E30 Touring.
It's about a 1hour 40min drive each way , would rather drive down to be honest hate waiting for couriers.

Yeah, in that case, drive there, go shopping for the morning, come back in the afternoon and collect it.

ph2 clio sport 172
Yeah, in that case, drive there, go shopping for the morning, come back in the afternoon and collect it.

When I rang he said best bet is to send it as might be a couple of days. Iv read of people dropping box off and it being ready a few hours later. Gonna ring him Monday again to find out opening times (6am till 3pm I think Iv seen on here) and just have a drive down and if I have to drop box then have another drive down later in week. Cost a little cheaper then a courier still just my time but I'm off work at moment and at least I know won't be getting smashed up in back of a van or go missing.

ph2 clio sport 172
Yeah he said if everything needed doing that would be max. From threads iv read seems place to go (even if its miles for me) even can do circlip mod to stop that popping out if its the jc129 box. Be going down Monday.