ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Semi Slicks, where to buy from?

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Looking to buy a couple of sets for the Cup..

Where's the best place to buy A048/R888/R1R's etc??

Either 195/45/15 or 195/50/15

Gaz.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
New but I'd take decent second hand items. Tried that number you sent me but rang out everytime with no return call.

JoshOm3

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup'182/Rs2'd Trophy
R888s are immense, but. Horrible in cold temps (road) love finding tram lines. Once up to road temp their fine.

They love the wet, just not any surface water or standing water. You will aquaplane and shimmy about aggressively.

Brilliant tyre though IMO. They rely heavily on pressures though to make them last. I've managed 9k out of mine so far, but I've worked hard for my money's worth.

Oh, and on track. You'll be pushing 'hard' to find the limits of these tyres. (Psi also adjust needed here).

Just my expwrience of them if you choose. Good luck.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
I'm running A048's atm and they're awesome! Usually run them at 24psi cold and 30psi hot.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
still cant believe how expensive R888's have got, I remember buying my first new set of them around 6 years back, 195/50 R15, £254 delivered from demon tweeks in GG compound

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
I'm budgeting circa £250 for a set of 4 tyres and I'm after 2 sets (£500).

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
I really didn't like my 888's on track. Really didn't do as well as my A048s
They were second hand so perhaps they were "off" by the time I got my hands on them

Those 888's are cheap. I've just got myself some AO48's with 4mm of tread on them. I'm going to use these as road tyres and see how I get on :)

I really didn't like my 888's on track. Really didn't do as well as my A048s
They were second hand so perhaps they were "off" by the time I got my hands on them

Those 888's are cheap. I've just got myself some AO48's with 4mm of tread on them. I'm going to use these as road tyres and see how I get on :)

Should really improve your time to work in the morning Lol

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
Should really improve your time to work in the morning Lol

I've got my times down. If I can get it under 5 minutes i'll be stoked.
Unlikely with the traffic in the mornings

a good HAM shift on the weekend and I reckon I can push low 4's haha

I'll be using them as road tyres for a bit. Once they are getting low they will be track tyres. I'd like to enjoy my wheels before they get wrecked by the RC6's LOL

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
I do, I've got yoko ad08s

I've just had my track wheels refurbed so I'm going to run them with the semis just for the banter

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
  Renault Clio 172 cup
Thats a good price on the 888 (showing tiny bit over 90 now but still same thing really as its only pence different)

Not seen them under 100 quid much lately.

Yeah , it seems to fluctuate between £86-£90. Still havent quite worked out why they are showing some at a much higher price as well. Wondering if the more expensive one's ( which I would guess not too many people are buying ) are older stock which they bought in at a higher price and therefore have to sell at the higher price to maintain a profit margin. I say this because the cheaper one's seem to have the new A-G tyre banding on them whereas the expensive one's dont.

I can confirm that the cheaper sets are definitely GG compound normal 888's, I have bought 4 myself as has a friend.