ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Selling a car with new parts.....

Around 8 or 9 months ago (just after i bought the car) my gearbox went pop.

When this happened i had a brand new renault box, clutch and driveshafts.

i am now considering selling my clio and wondering what to do,

Do i include this in the pistonheads advert to make it look more appealing or will it looked like this is a used and abused car? when really ive spent thousands on it making it all right

I have reciepts of aroud £2000 to proove the work was done

Nissan 350z
Id say it depends more on where your selling it and what your target audience is. If its enthusiasts then yes the more work you have reciepts for the better. If its something like Autotrader then probably not as they will think its been messed with.

Nimbus 197, Ph1 172
I put on my Pistonheads advert that my car had a new set of valves and guides at 40k, due to the auxilary belt going through the cambelt. All the work was done by Renault, and I have a £1600 bill for it. I even know the lad who repaired it as I worked with him last year. I've had a couple of people shy away from it due to said work, as they thought that the car may have underlying problems! Its done 45k since, with no problems, and still makes 162bhp on the dyno which is perfect. Oh well.

My view is as long as the work has receipts, and the work has been done properly, then it wouldn't put me off.

330i. E30 Touring.
Definitely advertise the new parts, imo.

Every car I sell, I list everything that's been changed. Same with cars I've bought.

I usually ask the person to drive the car for me at least on a test drive. You can see exactly how a car will have been treated, then!

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
mine was on its fourth turbo when i bought it, only because the original went after 120k, then the two replacements were f*cked, finally got sorted by Audi... which i have receipts for.

LY V6 & Fiesta ST
If the person buying your car checks history and leave them invoices in the pack, they'll start asking why you never made it clear in the advert.

not a bloody clio!!!
Dont put it on the ad mate.

If the buyer askes any questions on the phone tell him. If not leave the recipts in the folder

PS 200
The only new parts I'd advertise is "Consumables" - Brakes, tyres etc.

If I saw an Ad that said New Gearbox fitted after the old one blew up - I'd probably move onto the next ad.

330i. E30 Touring.
There's no need to say the gearbox had blown up, though.

I would advertise it. for sure. Cars break, it's a fact of life. Knowing it's got a new part is one less thing that can go, imo!

Evo 8 MR
Yeah I'd mention it, shows your being truthful and any interested buyer will obviously ask, when they do that's when you explain in full.