ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

selling 182 maybe - help needed

RenaultSport clio 172 mk1
Right, i'm considering selling my 182 to get a more economical car. Too many work miles are hurting the wallet.

Had a test drive in a ibiza tdi fr on the weekend and against a '56 plate for £11790 they offered me £7700 trade in on my clio. This seems very good? I would of thought i'd struggle to get more than £8200 for it privately with the extra hassle?

My car is Black gold, May 2004 with 24K miles and in clean condition.

Seems like a very reasonable p/ex to me but am I being sucked in? I hate making these decisions. Help me!!

cock mobile.
Is paying the extra for the ibiza really going to work out better overall?

You'd need to be doing a fair few miles to cancel out the ~4k extra.

I'll be doing 20K miles/yr so think thats about £800 a year saving. Plus £400 saving on insurance. Don't get me wrong I love the 182, I'm just trying to weigh things up.

When I bought the 182 16 months ago I was only doing 5k a year, so bit of a change in circumstances is forcing it.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i agree with sh33n, it would need to be quite a siginifcant milage to make it worht the swap. the 182 asin't that bad on fuel really. 35mpg+ is quite easy to get?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i agree with sh33n, it would need to be quite a siginifcant milage to make it worht the swap. the 182 asin't that bad on fuel really. 35mpg+ is quite easy to get?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
i do 450miles a week and costs about £36x2 a week to run on 182, f**k ibiza keep clio i had same dilemma if it bothers u too much get lpg for £1300

I don't know how people claim to get above 40 mpg. I'm not knocking those that do, but I do a 50 mile round trip to work each day, 40 miles of that on the m4 never above 75mph and my computer shows 34.6mpg (hasn;t been reset for months). That true figure is more like 31mpg when i actually work it out.

Thanks for the opinions though, thats what i'm after, especially those who've faced the same dilema

RS Clio 200
i do 70 miles round trip a day, 60 of it motorway... stick to 60, and 70 downhill.... fill up once a week

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
They dont get that milage mate.there talking out of there backsides.
If you reset the computer whilst doing 40mph in a slow line of traffic then you will get that out of it

ian

RS Clio 200
then my backside talks better than ure average IQ human cos thats what mine says at the end of the week.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Keep the clio you know you want too :evil:

Better the devil you know ;)

I've had diesels & even remapped etc it aint the same!!!!!!!!

RS Clio 200
cat back and maxogen yeh.
u gonna try and justify that they make a difference when ure pottering along at 3k revs?

i can get 46mpg on a steady run on the motorway too, not my fault all these other people have a right foot made from stone and then moan when others say how economical the 172/182 they drive is.

Impreza P1
IMO I would not ask other people as you never get a seemingly straight answer, do what you want mate.

On the MPG thingy I can get a good 40mpg driving sensibly.;)

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
40mpg is more like it.
Unless you live on the motorway then by the time you get on there it must be a couple of miles ,plus cold starting your car etc etc.
If you get on the motorway and reset then i can believe you but not combined.When i owned my 182 i could reset it and get good mpg on a slow run,but never average 46mpg overall
http://www.fuel-economy.co.uk/mpg.php

ian

RS Clio 200
40mpg is more like it.
Unless you live on the motorway then by the time you get on there it must be a couple of miles ,plus cold starting your car etc etc.
If you get on the motorway and reset then i can believe you but not combined.When i owned my 182 i could reset it and get good mpg on a slow run,but never average 46mpg overall

ian

i live less than a mile from the motorway, and work less than a mile from it too. so theres ure answer.

Impreza P1
40mpg is more like it.

ian

There is two settings on the trip computer as well isn't there an average and if you reset an actuall current reading maybe people are getting the two a little confused.

Again IMO and previous experience what ever you post in general gets digressed and changed completely thats why I just do what i thinks best or ask mates its easier .

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
from that website i get 31 mpg, £38 and 300miles, how many miles do u lot get out of tank just before lighT?

Civic Type R, Leon FR 150
My work car is a Leon FR (150) and i can get 60 mpg if i drive like my dad! But "normal" driving which is obviously under the speed limits gets 50mpg. So i guess you could say the 182 will cost at least 15-20 mpg more than the Ibiza! (But not as much fun!)