ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sell my Ph-quick for a 182?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Decision time! My 2001 172 has now done 40109 miles. I've just spent a fortune on getting it up together with belts, brakes, wheel refurbs etc.
Overall i've got the car how i want it (lowered, different wheels, exhaust decat, IK, stereo etc) but i'm bored now. I've had it 18 months and thats the longest i've EVER owned a car.
My dilemma is that I am about to take a 2004 182 In part exchange next week (i work for renault) its absolutely pristine.... with 9000 miles, one lady owner etc etc in Artic blue with both cup packs on it.
Is it worth while me changing d'ya reckon? Or is that just pissing money up against the wall?

I would'nt bother, the cars are'nt really that different. All your really gaining is a nicer interior. And your losing all the cash/time/effort spent getting your current car how you like it (you'd blatantly end doing most of it all over again to the 182 as well)

Why don't you get something totally different if your bored?

Scirocco GT 210
Bit pointless changing really.

Either keep the phase 1 or if you feel the need to change, change to a completely different car.

Chocolate Bar™
If the artic blue is a good price I would change. Despite the cars not being 'different' it'll be a new project to keep you occupied, and you'll also have a waranty.

Although ph-quiks are the best ;)

RenaultSport clio 172
Sums up this forum, its different to the Impreza/Supra/Saxo forums with a splash your cash attitude!

All good points, nice to see!

197-I love!!!
I'd sell the 172 while it's 'perfect'-Someone used to say-'Better the Devil you know'as something else went wrong and cost you another £200 or whatever and then something else-stuff 'The Devil you know' after a while - the 182 has only done 9000 miles and still has warranty-I'd go for the 182.

Leon Cupra
Love the way the 182 owners say go for it, the 172 owners (who are jealous of our 2 tailpipes nicer interior and 10hp!;) ) say no way! Guess what id say! GET THE 182! Its new! 9k miles! Oh, and dont forget you get those 2 tailpipes!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Love the way the 182 owners say go for it, the 172 owners (who are jealous of our 2 tailpipes nicer interior and 10hp!;) ) say no way! Guess what id say! GET THE 182! Its new! 9k miles! Oh, and dont forget you get those 2 tailpipes!

Apart from different colour seatbelts, and dots on the seats how else does the interior in a MK2 172 differ then from a 182 Full fat?

Id say keep it also, what you getting for the extra cash??

a slower car and 2 pipes? ;)

Vectra :(

Your extra 10hp is only there to drag your heavy ass to somewhere near 172 pace ;)

Vectra :(
If you want a better looking interior and CC instead of AC then i would say go for it mate. Exterior is subject to opinion as to what you prefer.

However with the spec you listed for your car i would bet good money that it will be quicker than the standard 182 you want to change to.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
supergaydan yyyyuuuuutttttuuuuupppp

keep yer bloody ph-quick, such a nice car

plus the newer mark 2's look gay, even if its a cup or whatever......keep the 172

or sell up and get a proper car

Leon Cupra

Your extra 10hp is only there to drag your heavy ass to somewhere near 172 pace ;)

Ok now the (proud) 182 owner is getting picked on! Where are my 182 buddies to back me up?!

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Either keep it Dan or get something new entirely. You'd only spend money changing the 182 to look right.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
take it for a drive, they do different to drive from the mk2 ph1 so i hear?

Nissan 350Z
I wouldnt personally.

OK I own a 182 and love it, but if you have had no problems with it, why get rid?

15" wheels so cheaper tyres and more chuckable handling (less overall grip but better to chuck around). Cable throttle - better response. Light weight compared to a 182.

Also, I always think older cars have more charisma overall. The 182 is fairly old school, but not quite as old school as the original 172.

For me, all you would gain is a newer, *arguably* better looking car with *arguably* a better interior. However, you would lose a little of the fun factor too.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I wouldn't change my Ph1 for another 1*2, unless it was a Trophy for exclusivity.

If you're going to change, then go for something completely different to try a new style of car, such as 4WD or Rear...

BMW E46 330i Touring
I've only ever seen one Trophy in Exeter, but I know what you mean. As they get older, more and more give up and find their way onto the scrap heap.

As much as my baby annoys the hell outta me in so many different ways, I love her!

Nissan 350Z
Since i bought my car (over a year ago now), I've seen just 2 phase 1's, however, i see trophys on a fairly regular basis - probably once a week.