ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Self revving whilst warming up

Clio 182 Cup
The car starts up fine from cold but then when I get to the end of my street and stop at the junction with the brake and clutch pressed the car will rev slightly like Im feathering the throttle. This stops once the car has warmed up abit, just wondering if this is normal or I have a problem somewhere?

clio sport 2.0 16v
propably the throttle chamber ( or in dutch the literal translation = gas valve home ;) ).

got the same problem on my clioRS. Cleaned it, put it back and it was over !

Blk/Gold 182 FF
ill whip it off and give it a clean. it strangly happend as soon as i had my injectors changed though... plus i have a flashing eml light with a slight missfire when idleing warm :(

Renault Clio 182
thats really odd mine did exactly the same after my injectors were changed and it does my head in i have tryed everything, let me no if you get it sorted may have some luck sorting mine

Blk/Gold 182 FF
You dont get a flashing EML light when fully warmed up and idleing do you? lol thats the main problem with mine at the moment :mad:

Renault Clio 182
flashing eml light usually means miss fire, I had that on mine and it turned out to be an injector since fitting the new injector it runs crap when cold, are yours genuin injectors?

Blk/Gold 182 FF
I used to have the flashing EML on constant, had the codes read and it was a miss-fire in cyl 3. so i decided to change the 4 injectors. ye genunie reno ones.

i had the plugs changed before that during a service, ive changed the leads aswell, had regular oil changes.

since all that, the light now only flashes during a warmed up idle, but its not all the time :( Im gonna see if i can catch it with this android torque app and pin point it.

Im thinking its maybe the MAP/MAF or TDC? all things people have mentioned that i haven't changed lol

Renault Clio 182
I have replaced both lambda sensors coil pack plugs leads inlet maifold gaskets the o shaped seal on the underside of the plenum and mine still runs crap so may try map/maf find it odd that it only occured after i replaced an injector

Blk/Gold 182 FF
Safe to say you have tried everything lol let me know if you purchase a new sensor and fit it before me, hope that works!